Quality Control Analytical Chemist II - Off Shift
PCI Synthesis is a leading manufacturer of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and clinical drug substances with sites in Devens and Newburyport, MA.
PCI is looking for an experience Quality Control Analytical Chemist to work an off shift (2nd or 3rd).
RESPONSIBILITIES: This analyst is responsible for providing accurate and timely results for the samples submitted for analysis to support our manufacturing and research and development departments, using liquid chromatography, gas chromatography, ultra violet spectroscopy, infrared spectroscopy, titrimetry, and other techniques to assess the quality of samples. The resulting data is calculated and interpreted by the analyst and submitted for review. It is expected that the analyst will be able to assist in troubleshooting equipment and method issues.
The analyst is also responsible for ensuring that the instruments used for analysis are calibrated to industry standards.
- In addition to the above, other duties include but are not limited to:
- Writing operating procedures for the laboratory.
- Conducting stability testing.
- Maintenance of the reference standard program and chemical inventory.
- Performing secondary data review for analyses conducted by other analysts.
- Ensuring appropriate levels of laboratory supplies.
- BA/BS in Chemistry or related discipline plus 4-6 years experience, or comparable educational and professional experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Previous experience in a current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) laboratory or manufacturing environment required.
- Thorough understanding of the techniques listed above is essential to accurately assess the validity of the data generated.
Please email resume including current/last salary.
No phone calls or recruiters.