Manager of Business Development
BioBridges provides consulting expertise to help emerging pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies successfully span The Clinical Divide™. We also offer flexible solutions to help CROs satisfy their ever-changing business demands.
By filling the voids in a company’s existing capabilities, BioBridges spans The Clinical Divide™. From protocol development through phase IV, BioBridges ensures trials start off on the right path—and remain on it. As a result, we dramatically improve the likelihood of product success, agency approval and healthcare utilization.
Located in suburbanWellesley, in the heart ofMassachusetts’ biopharmaceutical community, BioBridges partners with emerging clinical organizations to “build bridges” between all areas of the clinical development lifecycle—from protocol inception, through execution and submission.
We are in a growth position to expand our services within new clients. As such, we are looking for qualified sales professionals:
- Responsible for developing and expanding new business opportunities with prospective clients and established accounts. Oversees the management of account relationships to ensure client satisfaction.
- Develops broad and specific understanding of each client’s clinical development goals and potential Clinical Divides™. Develops and follows through on detailed sales strategies to maximize account development.
- Cultivates strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers, while maintaining high visibility within accounts.
- Actively seeks to advance industry and clinical development knowledge to better understand clients’ Clinical Divides™. Actively seeks to advance knowledge of all consulting and contract services offered by BioBridges.
- Identify, communicate with and build long term, mutually beneficial relationships with varying levels of management at clients.
- Understand competitor strengths and weaknesses to effectively articulate BioBridges’ competitive advantage.
- Effectively communicate client needs, expectations and culture to management and resourcing within BioBridges.
- Seeks input from Client Contacts to proactively address changes in scope, new opportunities or customer dissatisfaction. Coordinates with Hiring Managers to ensure client needs are being met and address concerns/issues in a timely manner.
- Accountable for developing and tracking a robust business development pipeline and proactively advancing potential opportunities through the sales cycle.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Ethical standards second to none
- 5+ years in contract or service based sales in any industry
- 3+ years in the Life Sciences: pharma, biotech, medical device, or consulting
- Prior industry relationships and the ability to bring existing relationships into a new organization and leverage them to quickly advance client consideration
- The ability to develop and maintain new key business relationships
- Proven and expanding understanding of the life science marketplace.
- Outstanding inter-personal, negotiation and organizational skills
- The ability to focus on achieving and be accountable to daily, weekly, and long-term goals
- Self-motivation and are highly presentable and team oriented
- A BS/BA degree. Advanced degree or higher graduate studies in a scientific, technical or business discipline or MBA are a plus.
- Clinical industry experience (desired but not required)
- The ability to maintain a positive, results-oriented work environment, building partnerships and modeling teamwork, communicating to the team in an open, and objective manner
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- May 22, 2013 Drug Repurposing and Reformulation: At the Crossroads of IP, Clinical and Business Strategies
- May 8, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Massachusetts Life Sciences Hub: City Biz List - 5/6/2013
- May 8, 2013 Marlborough commended as tech hub: MetroWest Daily News - 5/7/2013
- May 6, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Life Sciences Hub in Massachusetts: PR.com - 5/5/2013
- May 6, 2013 Elections may have big impact on tech, biotech: Boston Globe - 5/5/2013