Scientist(s), Branford Chemistry Group
FORMA Therapeutics Inc. is currently seeking to recruit highly motivated, talented synthetic chemists to our facility in Branford, CT. These unique positions require individuals who possess state of the art synthetic chemistry techniques coupled with an appreciation for the challenges and application of parallel automated synthesis in the solution phase creation of compound libraries. The ideal candidate must have a strong interest in drug design and optimization. The chemist will employ their knowledge of synthetic chemistry to design, optimize and realize challenging synthetic pathways toward collections of biologically relevant small molecules. The candidate will also be expected to work alongside a dedicated automated synthesis and purification team to ensure maximal compound quality. Finally, the chemist will be responsible for tracking the biological activities of their compounds, and respond with the rationalization and design of subsequent synthetic sequences to create new compound collections with the goal of optimizing the observed activity. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, as is the desire and ability to work in a multidisciplinary, laboratory focused environment and contribute to team-based decisions.
- Independently conduct the targeted synthesis of small, biologically relevant molecules, and as warranted translate these synthetic routes into an automated production environment.
- Work and contribute within a drug discovery and optimization team - where an understanding of the key issues facing their program(s) is maintained and well thought out and practical strategies and approaches to address these issues are promoted.
- Analyze research data to identify and evaluate problems and determine appropriate solutions utilizing an array of analytical techniques.
- The successful translation of synthetic protocols into an automated solution phase arena whereby collections of small, biologically relevant molecules are created.
- PhD in organic chemistry.
- 2 – 5 years of directly related experience.
- Scientific expertise in analytical, synthetic and mechanistic organic chemistry, including extensive experience with modern analytical and purification methods and an ability to search and utilize the chemical literature.
- Broad computer literacy with experience in large data-set tracking and mining.
- Compound library experience is desirable.
About FORMA Therapeutics, Inc.
Since its inception in 2008, FORMA Therapeutics has assembled a formidable team of drug hunters passionate about their science and driven to create transformative cancer therapies. FORMA’s novel approach to accessing high value drug targets leverages the integration of its innovative drug discovery technologies and oncology expertise. With an emphasis on areas such as tumor metabolism, epigenetics and protein-protein interactions, FORMA deploys an ultra-efficient discovery engine to screen over 30 targets per year and enables the rational development of a novel generation of small molecule drug candidates with qualified cellular mechanisms of action.
FORMA’s success is evidenced through the partnerships it has secured with leading pharmaceutical, academic, and not-for-profit institutions: Genentech, Boehringer Ingelheim, Eisai/H3 Biomedicine, Novartis, Janssen, and TGEN, each leveraging FORMA’s capabilities, capacity, and innovations. In 2011, FORMA was selected by Fierce Biotech as one of the top 15 most promising private biotech companies and its collaboration with Genentech voted “IN VIVO Deal of the Year.” Empowered by inspiration, hope, and determination, FORMA and its partners take on cancer to deliver meaningful solutions for patients in need.
FORMA has its headquarters in Watertown, MA, as well as a high-throughput chemistry and compound management facility in Branford, CT.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Job Code JK13-14. No phone calls please. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted.