Research Associate(s), Medicinal Chemistry
FORMA Therapeutics, Inc. is currently seeking to recruit highly motivated, talented, research associates in medicinal chemistry for our laboratories in Watertown, MA. These positions require individuals with an exceptional grasp of state of the art organic synthesis and medicinal chemistry techniques and experience in drug discovery programs. Skills and experiences in lead generation, lead optimization, HTS triage, library design and execution, and SAR analysis will be beneficial. Candidates with a background in parallel synthesis techniques are of specific interest. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, as is the desire and ability to work in a multidisciplinary, hands-on, environment as an integral part of a drug discovery team.
- Independently design and carry out multistep syntheses of target molecules for biological testing on a mg to gram scale
- Design, profile, and carry out synthesis of small libraries of compounds
- Solve synthetic organic chemistry problems
- Evaluate biological data and proactively suggests design ideas based on SAR and synthetic feasibility
- Participation on project teams that focus on the generation of chemical matter for a target and the development and selection of clinical candidates
- B.S./M.S. or equivalent in Chemistry field with 3+ years biopharmaceutical experience
- Sound understanding of organic and medicinal chemistry including the ability to determine and implement synthesis of target molecules
- Confident communicator that is able to proactively relay information to supervisor/project leader as well as the project team
- Capability to determine approaches and procedures to new assignments and independently solve synthetic organic chemistry problems
- Efficient time management and organizational skills as well as excellent report and notebook writing abilities
- Documented accomplishments in field with sustained high-level performance
- Demonstrated technical proficiency, scientific creativity, independent thought, and ability to effectively collaborate with others
About FORMA Therapeutics, Inc.
Since its inception in 2008, FORMA Therapeutics has assembled a formidable team of drug hunters passionate about their science and driven to create transformative cancer therapies. FORMA’s novel approach to accessing high value drug targets leverages the integration of its innovative drug discovery technologies and oncology expertise. With an emphasis on areas such as tumor metabolism, epigenetics and protein-protein interactions, FORMA deploys an ultra-efficient discovery engine to screen over 30 targets per year and enables the rational development of a novel generation of small molecule drug candidates with qualified cellular mechanisms of action.
FORMA’s success is evidenced through the partnerships it has secured with leading pharmaceutical, academic, and not-for-profit institutions: Genentech, Boehringer Ingelheim, Eisai/H3 Biomedicine, Novartis, Janssen, and TGEN, each leveraging FORMA’s capabilities, capacity, and innovations. In 2011, FORMA was selected by Fierce Biotech as one of the top 15 most promising private biotech companies and its collaboration with Genentech voted “IN VIVO Deal of the Year.” Empowered by inspiration, hope, and determination, FORMA and its partners take on cancer to deliver meaningful solutions for patients in need.
FORMA has its headquarters in Watertown, MA, as well as a high-throughput chemistry and compound management facility in Branford, CT.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Job Code MT13-05. No phone calls please. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted.