Research Associate, Compound Analysis and Purification
FORMA Therapeutics, Inc. is currently seeking to recruit highly motivated, talented, research associates to provide analytical and purification support in our medicinal chemistry laboratories in Watertown, MA. These positions require individuals with an exceptional grasp of state of the art analytical techniques and purification technologies. Primary responsibilities will be to manage the open access LC/MS analytical platforms and provide a dedicated HPLC purification service to the chemists. The ideal candidate will have experience in the application of LC/MS in a drug discovery environment and a strong working knowledge of HPLC-MS preparative chromatography as well as the ability to use, troubleshoot, and maintain automated analytical equipment. Candidates with a background in working with automated compound synthesis groups are of specific interest. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, as is the desire and ability to work in a multidisciplinary, hands-on, environment as an integral part of a drug discovery team.
- Provide analytical and purification support to a medicinal chemistry group
- Independently design and carry out analytical characterization and purification of small molecules on a mg to gram scale
- Rigorous chromatographic method development to isolate pure compound from complex mixtures
- HPLC-MS troubleshooting and preventative maintenance
- B.S./M.S. or equivalent in chemistry or analytical sciences
- 1-3 years of experience in the application of LC/MS in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Broad computer literacy with experience in using LC/MS data acquisition, LIMS software
- Confident communicator that is able to proactively relay information to supervisor/project leader as well as the project team
- Capability to determine approaches and procedures to new assignments and independently solve both equipment and purification problems
- Efficient time management and organizational skills as well as excellent report and notebook writing abilities
- Demonstrated technical proficiency, scientific creativity, independent thought, and ability to effectively collaborate with others
- Previous experience in an automated compound purification department using MS-directed preparative HPLC will be particularly beneficial
About FORMA Therapeutics, Inc.
Since its inception in 2008, FORMA Therapeutics has assembled a formidable team of drug hunters passionate about their science and driven to create transformative cancer therapies. FORMA’s novel approach to accessing high value drug targets leverages the integration of its innovative drug discovery technologies and oncology expertise. With an emphasis on areas such as tumor metabolism, epigenetics and protein-protein interactions, FORMA deploys an ultra-efficient discovery engine to screen over 30 targets per year and enables the rational development of a novel generation of small molecule drug candidates with qualified cellular mechanisms of action.
FORMA’s success is evidenced through the partnerships it has secured with leading pharmaceutical, academic, and not-for-profit institutions: Genentech, Boehringer Ingelheim, Eisai/H3 Biomedicine, Novartis, Janssen, and TGEN, each leveraging FORMA’s capabilities, capacity, and innovations. In 2011, FORMA was selected by Fierce Biotech as one of the top 15 most promising private biotech companies and its collaboration with Genentech voted “IN VIVO Deal of the Year.” Empowered by inspiration, hope, and determination, FORMA and its partners take on cancer to deliver meaningful solutions for patients in need.
FORMA has its headquarters in Watertown, MA, as well as a high-throughput chemistry and compound management facility in Branford, CT.
Please send resumes to email@example.com and reference Job Code MT13-06. No phone calls please. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted.