Senior Manager, IT Operations
Our lead drug candidate, ganetespib, is moving towards Phase 3 development in non-small cell lung cancer after showing impressive overall survival improvements in Phase 2.
The Senior Manager of IT Operations is responsible for all Network, Security, Storage, and Helpdesk operations. You will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT operations group. The Senior Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions. This person will also define and implement appropriate IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Lead IT group operations and planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Establish annual IT operation goals and execute to plan
- Manage and mentor IT staff to achieve personal and professional objectives
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Manage financial aspects of IT Operations, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Develop and implement necessary IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, and service provision.
- Develop requests for proposal, as required.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Active, hands-on day-to-day support of the IT Operations environment.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade,and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals, etc.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field clinical research/drug development preferred
- 10-15 years relevant IT experience including 5+ years in Biotech/Pharma and 3+ years as an IT manager
- Previous experience in rapidly growing organizations is preferred
- Solid project and vendor management skills
- Ability to be hands-on in all aspects of IT design, implementation and support
- Knowledge of enterprise solutions such as exchange, sharepoint
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards and network and PC operating systems, primarily Windows based but aware of iPad and other technologies
- Experience with unified communications or VOIP
- Knowledge of and experience industry regulations including; Computer System Validation, applicable FDA regulations, Sarbanes-Oxley, Mass. Privacy etc...
- Strong management, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional customer service orientation
Synta Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing, and commercializing novel pharmaceutical products for extending and enhancing the lives of patients with severe medical conditions, including cancer and chronic inflammatory disease. For more information, please visit us at www.syntapharma.com .