Merrimack is creating a new division, Merrimack Healthcare Solutions (MHS), with the goal of implementing a novel, more effective approach to the commercialization of pharmaceuticals that is different form the traditional “playbook” used by large biopharmaceutical organizations. MHS is responsible for working with customers and partners to ensure the successful launch and rapid adoption of MM-398 and the rest of Merrimack’s future therapeutic and diagnostic products. We are looking for experienced, innovative individuals who want to explore novel ways to commercialize Merrimack’s therapeutic and diagnostic products in tomorrow’s dynamic healthcare environment.
We are looking for an experienced and creative individual to be responsible for designing, developing and implementing the optimal field force model for Merrimack and scaling up the field team appropriately over time. The individual in this position will interact on a day-to-day basis with other leaders within MHS as well as the late-stage development team and senior management to ensure that the field force is trained successfully and deployed optimally to provide effective support and education to potential MM-398 customers.
- Identifying the optimal manner by which to engage with and provide support to physicians, other healthcare providers and related stakeholders
- Generating creative models for field force engagement with stakeholders and conducting research to test potential alternatives
- Recommending and obtaining internal buy-in for the optimal MHS field force strategy and implementing the appropriate model
- Ensure that strategies, objectives and tactics for the brand are accurately translated to the field
- Hiring key field force leaders and overseeing the execution of the field force hiring plan as MM-398 progresses towards launch
- Identifying training needs and developing and supporting field force training programs
- Leading the definition of the scale and scope of training and enabling operations teams
- 10+ years in sales/field management role in biotech or pharma, particularly in the oncology area
- Pre-launch and launch experience
- Experience hiring and managing sales/field force representatives
- Creative, strategic thinking with proven success applying analytical approaches to business problem solving as well as turning data and/or qualitative insights into actionable recommendations and solutions
- Proven ability to lead and manage interdisciplinary teams in a dynamic, cross-functional environment
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Experience managing and mentoring multiple team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for fighting cancer
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- May 22, 2013 Drug Repurposing and Reformulation: At the Crossroads of IP, Clinical and Business Strategies
- May 8, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Massachusetts Life Sciences Hub: City Biz List - 5/6/2013
- May 8, 2013 Marlborough commended as tech hub: MetroWest Daily News - 5/7/2013
- May 6, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Life Sciences Hub in Massachusetts: PR.com - 5/5/2013
- May 6, 2013 Elections may have big impact on tech, biotech: Boston Globe - 5/5/2013