Senior Infrastructure Technician (Greater Boston area)
Biomedical Search Consultants
February 21, 2013
Our client is a fast growth global medical device leader. This is a great opportunity if you are seeking to join a highly innovative and financially solid industry leader that promises excellent career growth and challenging leadership opportunities!
You will be responsible for the design, installation and management of complex IT infrastructures in LAN and WAN settings. The environment, globally connected, includes a large number of physical and virtual servers, storage area networks (SAN), Wi-Fi devices, Enterprise firewalls, multi-point VPN connectivity, Internet proxies and Ethernet switches. Additionally, you will be involved in data management, performing systems backup and recovery.
- Demonstrable analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate technical issues up and down the organization
- 5+ years professional employment designing and deploying IT infrastructure Conversant with all aspects of VMware and vSphere 5.x in a multi-host environment
- SAN storage management using high availability and vMotion
- Experience installing/configuring/administering Storage Area Networks (SAN); EMC preferred
- Cisco Layer 2 and 3 Switch configuration VPN management and support; Cisco AnyConnect preferred Server deployment/administration in a 100+, Windows 2008 environment
- Multi-year experience deploying/administering Linux servers with Red Hat Enterprise or CentOS Conversant in the use and support of Apache, Ruby on Rails, Mongrel and PostgreSQL
- Ability to participate in an after-hours, on-call rotating support schedule
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate discipline from an accredited 4-year college, but non-degreed candidates with multiple IT certifications will be considered
Backup Exec 2010, EMC Data Domain, EMC Centera Symantec Enterprise Vault AVAYA S8400 telephony, TDM and VOIP Vendor management – LAN/WAN suppliers
Interested candidates should send resumes to Josh Blumenshine at firstname.lastname@example.org