Lead Staffing Consultant
Vertex Pharmaceuticals is currently seeking a Lead Staffing Consultant to provide staffing support to the Global Medicine Development and Affairs groups (GMD&A). GMD&A is compromised of six major functions: Clinical Development, Clinical Development Operations, Medical and Regulatory Affairs, Patient Safety and Exploratory Development. The incumbent will recruit for and fill key positions in support of the continuous and exciting growth of the GMD&A organization. This is an incredible opportunity for an experienced clinical recruiter to make an immediate impact.
- Create and execute a staffing strategy, which results in a top-tier, qualified talent pool of professionals and a strong candidate pipeline
- Develop and execute a sourcing strategy, pre-screen candidates and deliver pre-qualified diverse candidates for hiring manager’s evaluation
- Partner with hiring manager to identify role of interview team, assign competencies using both technical and behavioral interviewing models
- Grow existing network, foster new relationships and attend networking events to further identify talent for the organization
- Partner with other Human Resource functions in order to attract and hire talent that will help to sustain and contribute to the Vertex culture
- Utilize solid negotiating skills to close candidates
- Provide weekly and ad hoc updates to staffing team, hiring managers and business partners as needed
- Effectively manage the recruitment process by balancing budget, timelines and customer needs
- Ability to select qualified vendors and maintain positive relationships
- May contribute to projects as part of the long-term strategy of building a best-in-class staffing organization
- Be a mentor to more junior staff
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years pharmaceutical clinical or medical recruiting experience a must, minimum of a Bachelors degree to be considered for a Sr Consultant
-8+ years pharmaceutical clinical or medical recruiting experience a must, minimum of a Bachelors degree to be considered for a Lead Consultant
- Experience working in a fast-paced, highly matrix organization
- Proven track record of finding unique ways to source and attract qualified candidates
- Superior selection skills and a high level of proficiency in assessing individuals
- Proven ability cultivating successful relationships internally and externally
- Results driven, ability to demonstrate/quantify success relative to established targets and metrics
- Strong listening, facilitation and communications skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and computer and web skills, along with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential
Vertex creates new possibilities in medicine. Our team discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapies so people with serious diseases can lead better lives. Vertex scientists and our collaborators are working on new medicines to cure or significantly advance the treatment of hepatitis C, cystic fibrosis, rheumatoid arthritis and other life-threatening diseases. Founded more than 20 years ago in Cambridge, Mass., we now have ongoing worldwide research programs and sites in the United States, United Kingdom and Canada. Vertex has consistently been recognized as one of the industry's top workplaces by leading publications such as Science magazine, The Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal, San Diego Business Journal and The Scientist. For more information and to view Vertex's press releases, please visit www.vrtx.com.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
To Apply for this position, please CLICK HERE
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- May 22, 2013 Drug Repurposing and Reformulation: At the Crossroads of IP, Clinical and Business Strategies
- May 8, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Massachusetts Life Sciences Hub: City Biz List - 5/6/2013
- May 8, 2013 Marlborough commended as tech hub: MetroWest Daily News - 5/7/2013
- May 6, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Life Sciences Hub in Massachusetts: PR.com - 5/5/2013
- May 6, 2013 Elections may have big impact on tech, biotech: Boston Globe - 5/5/2013