Facilities Engineer/ Biotech, Upstream Manufacturing
Provide essential maintenance and operations management for egg layer care and manufacturing facility which includes HVAC systems, building utilities, clean room operations and generator systems.
- Maintain the long term viability of the facility in all aspects of maintenance operations. Comply with regulations and company policies.
- Organize and maintain egg layer enclosures, supplies, and equipment. Keep spare parts in inventory.
- Establish standard operating procedures in a new facility. Initiate electronic document control requests to write new and update SOPs. Must establish and implement maintenance programs.
- Train staff in systems operations, repair and procedures.
- Monitor machinery and environment by obtaining, documenting and comparing data against established standards. Troubleshoot problems as necessary, referring issues requiring outside service to the appropriate vendor. Perform non-routine and routine maintenance and ensure proper operation of equipment and machinery.
- Coordinate maintenance activity to accommodate complex manufacturing schedule.
- Provide weekend and holiday maintenance as needed.
- Cross-train in all areas of the facility and provide coverage on an as-needed basis.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, or relevant discipline)
- 2 - 5 years biotechnology related experience.
- Possess an ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Possess an ability to closely follow established procedures.
- Possess an ability to prioritize and organize work to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Possess an ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Must have an ability to read, write, and understand spoken English.
- Must have an ability to endure long periods of standing, lift 50 pounds, and climb ladders or scaffolding.
- Must be able to wear an N-95 respirator, examination gloves, and other personal protective equipment as required.
- No unmanaged allergies to animals.
- Willingness to work hard and be open to learning new tasks.
- The person hired must not own or come in contact with any avian specie. This includes, but is not limited to, parakeets, pigeons, chickens, turkeys, wild birds, swans, pheasants, ducks or migratory fowl.
Synageva BioPharma is a publicly traded biopharmaceutical company with headquarters, research and development facilities in Lexington, MA, and research and production facilities in Athens, GA. Synageva is dedicated to developing novel orphan treatments for rare diseases. Our lead program, sebelipase alfa (formerly SBC-102), an enzyme replacement therapy for LAL Deficiency, is in global clinical trials and has been granted orphan designation by the FDA, the European Medicines Agency, and the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. LAL Deficiency is a rare, serious and devastating disease that leads to significant morbidity and mortality. Synageva has additional orphan products in various stages of preclinical development. To ensure that these therapeutic candidates reach patients in need, Synageva has recruited a team with a proven track record of manufacturing, discovery, development, and commercial success within rare diseases.
Our mission is to deliver breakthrough medicines globally for patients suffering from rare, devastating diseases. Achieving this will result in a sustainable business that can continue to positively impact the lives of patients and their families, healthcare providers and our employees. Our success depends upon our ability to seek and retain principle-minded individuals who share our integrity, drive, energy and passion.
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- May 22, 2013 Drug Repurposing and Reformulation: At the Crossroads of IP, Clinical and Business Strategies
- May 8, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Massachusetts Life Sciences Hub: City Biz List - 5/6/2013
- May 8, 2013 Marlborough commended as tech hub: MetroWest Daily News - 5/7/2013
- May 6, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Life Sciences Hub in Massachusetts: PR.com - 5/5/2013
- May 6, 2013 Elections may have big impact on tech, biotech: Boston Globe - 5/5/2013