Company: Sarepta Therapeutics
Job Title: Corporate Counsel
Location: Cambridge, MA
Sarepta Therapeutics is focused on developing first-in-class RNA-based therapeutics to improve and save the lives of people affected by serious and life-threatening rare and infectious diseases. The rapidly growing Company’s diverse pipeline includes its lead program eteplirsen, for Duchenne muscular dystrophy, as well as potential treatments for some of the world’s most lethal infectious diseases. Sarepta aims to build a leading, independent biotech company dedicated to translating its RNA-based science into transformational therapeutics for patients who face significant unmet medical needs. For more information, please visit us at www.sareptatherapeutics.com.
This position reports to and supports the General Counsel with broad support and exposure to all legal issues relating to company business and operations. This position will work closely with a number of departments including Finance, Business Development, Investor Relations, R&D and the executive team.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Advising on SEC related laws and requirements and drafting SEC filings
- Assisting Business Development in drafting and negotiating collaboration and partnering agreements
- Negotiating numerous contracts including master service agreements, consulting agreements, nondisclosure agreements, licensing agreements, leases, clinical study agreements, etc.
- Assisting with board of director/committee matters, including preparation of resolutions, assisting the secretary with maintenance of minute books, etc.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as necessary
Education and Skills Requirements:
- Superior academic credentials, including degree from ABA accredited law school and membership in at least one state bar
- Minimum of 5 years of corporate/transactional law experience at top tier, national law firm
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: SEC laws and regulations, general commercial contracting matters, collaboration agreements and corporate governance
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal interaction skills
- In-depth computer proficiency skills in MS Office suite
- May require travel – up to 10% of time.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Sarepta Therapeutics offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Sarepta Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and participates in e-Verify.
To apply for this position, CLICK HERE.
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- May 22, 2013 Drug Repurposing and Reformulation: At the Crossroads of IP, Clinical and Business Strategies
- May 8, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Massachusetts Life Sciences Hub: City Biz List - 5/6/2013
- May 8, 2013 Marlborough commended as tech hub: MetroWest Daily News - 5/7/2013
- May 6, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Life Sciences Hub in Massachusetts: PR.com - 5/5/2013
- May 6, 2013 Elections may have big impact on tech, biotech: Boston Globe - 5/5/2013