Principal Scientist, Biochemistry
Syros Pharmaceuticals is an innovative drug discovery company focused on discovering and developing first-in-class medicines targeting gene control for the treatment of cancer and related conditions. Syros was founded in 2012 by leading scientists from the Whitehead Institute and the Dana Farber Cancer Institute and is supported by top venture firms and a world class Scientific Advisory Board. Combining new insights into enhancer function with information from genome wide profiling, new targets and new chemical approaches, Syros is unlocking the process of gene control for drug discovery.
Syros Pharmaceuticals is seeking an experienced biochemist to join a team of highly motivated scientists that are using recent fundamental insights into transcriptional regulation to discover and develop novel medicines targeting gene control.
The candidate must have 4-6 years of experience in the drug discovery industry characterizing enzymes and enzyme-inhibitor interactions, determining affinity and mechanism of action of inhibitors to provide insights into SAR. A thorough understanding of kinetics and thermodynamics and their application to the drug discovery process is essential, as is the flexibility to work on multiple projects and as part of a dynamic, highly motivated team.
- Biophysical characterization of small molecule-protein interactions
- Detailed characterization of biochemical mechanism of action of inhibitor molecules
- Development of biochemical assays in high and low throughput formats
- Protein and protein complex isolation and characterization
- Integrated data analysis and interpretation
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry or related field with 4-6 years of industrial experience
- Post-doctoral experience with a strong publication record
- Familiarity with state of the art assay technologies such as FRET, FP, Alpha assay
- Ability to derive and apply kinetic and thermodynamic equations to the system being investigated
- Experience with multiple target classes
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Desire and ability to work in a cross-functional and flexible team-oriented environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Candidates who are keen experimentalists, enthusiastic, creative and have a passion for drug discovery are encouraged to apply by sending your CV to email@example.com. Knowledge of cancer biology and transcriptional regulation is a plus.