Senior Research Associate, High Throughput ADME/Physicochemical Profiling (JK13-09)
FORMA Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a talented Senior Research Associate/Scientist with expertise in high throughput ADME analysis of novel small molecules to join our expanding Branford, CT research team. The successful candidate will have scientific knowledge and demonstrated success in executing automated LC-MS/MS profiling assays including but not limited to microsomal stability and CYP inhibition. A broad working knowledge of ADME and PK, as a whole, is a must for effective contribution across inter-disciplinary project teams. He/she should also have a commitment to scientific excellence and the ability to adapt to the changing needs of an early-stage company.
- Primary responsibilities include setting up and executing in vitro ADME and physicochemical profiling assays, data reduction, and communication of results to discovery project teams.
- Establish novel automated ADME assays using contemporary liquid handling workstations, state-of-the-art LC/MS/MS technologies and integration with corporate LIMS platforms.
- Independent professional with the versatility to take on a number of cross functional analytical chemistry roles.
- Mentor/supervise the work of junior scientists
- MS degree or higher in bioanalytical chemistry (or related discipline) with 5 – 10 years of professional experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Extensive experience in the design, validation and implementation of high throughput ADME/physicochemical assays supporting discovery research.
- Must be team oriented, highly motivated, and well organized with excellent communication skills.
- Expert ability to operate & troubleshoot LC/MS/MS instrumentation (AB/Sciex & Waters systems).
About FORMA Therapeutics, Inc.
Since its inception in 2008, FORMA Therapeutics has assembled a formidable team of drug hunters passionate about their science and driven to create transformative cancer therapies. FORMA’s novel approach to accessing high value drug targets leverages the integration of its innovative drug discovery technologies and oncology expertise. With an emphasis on areas such as tumor metabolism, epigenetics and protein-protein interactions, FORMA deploys an ultra-efficient discovery engine to screen over 30 targets per year and enables the rational development of a novel generation of small molecule drug candidates with qualified cellular mechanisms of action.
FORMA’s success is evidenced through the partnerships it has secured with leading pharmaceutical, academic, and not-for-profit institutions: Genentech, Boehringer Ingelheim, Eisai/H3 Biomedicine, Novartis, Janssen, and TGEN, each leveraging FORMA’s capabilities, capacity, and innovations. In 2011, FORMA was selected by Fierce Biotech as one of the top 15 most promising private biotech companies and its collaboration with Genentech voted “IN VIVO Deal of the Year.” Empowered by inspiration, hope, and determination, FORMA and its partners take on cancer to deliver meaningful solutions for patients in need.
FORMA has its headquarters in Watertown, MA, as well as a high-throughput chemistry and compound management facility in Branford, CT.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Job Code JK13-09. No phone calls please. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted.