Principle Scientist, Computer Aided Drug Design (MT13-07)
FORMA Therapeutics, Inc. is currently seeking to recruit highly motivated, talented, computational chemists for our laboratories in Watertown, MA. These positions require individuals with an exceptional grasp of state of the art computational techniques and extensive experience in the application of computational science to drug discovery programs from lead generation to lead optimization including molecular target assessment, HTS triage, library design and evaluation, and SAR analysis. The successful candidate will possess skills and experience in structure-guided drug design and have documented impact on drug discovery projects using computational techniques. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, as is the desire and ability to work in a multidisciplinary, hands-on, environment as an integral part of a drug discovery team.
- Initiate ideas and influence the design of bioactive molecules
- Facilitate the design of new bioactive compounds by interacting with medicinal chemists, other computational scientists, and biologists regarding biochemical, molecular biology, ADME, and pharmacology topics
- Monitor and evaluate completion of tasks and drive projects to decision points
- Extensive participation and leadership of project/program teams that focus on the generation of chemical matter for a target and the development and selection of clinical candidates
- Ph.D. in Chemistry field with 12+ years biopharmaceutical experience
- Extensive experience with the Schroedinger suite of drug discovery programs and Accelrys Pipeline Pilot
- Sound understanding of organic and medicinal chemistry to effectively interact with project teams and impact drug development
- Documented reputation in the field with sustained performance and accomplishment
- Demonstrated technical proficiency, scientific creativity, independent thought, and ability to effectively collaborate with others
- Ability to determine approaches and procedures to new assignments and must be capable of providing guidance to peers/subordinates
- Candidates with backgrounds in biophysics (structural biology/ X-ray crystallography) or organic/medicinal chemistry are of particular interest
About FORMA Therapeutics, Inc.
Since its inception in 2008, FORMA Therapeutics has assembled a formidable team of drug hunters passionate about their science and driven to create transformative cancer therapies. FORMA’s novel approach to accessing high value drug targets leverages the integration of its innovative drug discovery technologies and oncology expertise. With an emphasis on areas such as tumor metabolism, epigenetics and protein-protein interactions, FORMA deploys an ultra-efficient discovery engine to screen over 30 targets per year and enables the rational development of a novel generation of small molecule drug candidates with qualified cellular mechanisms of action.
FORMA’s success is evidenced through the partnerships it has secured with leading pharmaceutical, academic, and not-for-profit institutions: Genentech, Boehringer Ingelheim, Eisai/H3 Biomedicine, Novartis, Janssen, and TGEN, each leveraging FORMA’s capabilities, capacity, and innovations. In 2011, FORMA was selected by Fierce Biotech as one of the top 15 most promising private biotech companies and its collaboration with Genentech voted “IN VIVO Deal of the Year.” Empowered by inspiration, hope, and determination, FORMA and its partners take on cancer to deliver meaningful solutions for patients in need.
FORMA has its headquarters in Watertown, MA, as well as a high-throughput chemistry and compound management facility in Branford, CT.
Please send resumes to email@example.com and reference Job Code MT13-07. No phone calls please. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted.