Principal Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry (MT13-09)
FORMA Therapeutics, Inc. is currently seeking to recruit highly motivated, talented, medicinal chemists for our laboratories in Watertown, MA. These positions require individuals with an exceptional grasp of state of the art chemistry techniques and extensive experience in the application of modern drug design to lead generation and lead optimization. The successful candidate will possess skills in structure-guided drug design and data analysis software. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, as is the desire and ability to work in a multidisciplinary, laboratory-focused environment as an integral part and leader of a drug discovery team.
- Initiate and direct the design, synthesis, purification, and characterization of bioactive compounds utilizing modern data analysis software and structure-guided drug design techniques
- Direct involvement and direction of experiments in the chemistry lab
- Facilitate the design of new bioactive compounds by interacting with medicinal chemists, computational scientists, and biologists regarding biochemical, molecular biology, ADME, and pharmacology topics
- Monitor and evaluate completion of tasks and drive projects to decision points
- Extensive participation and leadership of project/program teams that focus on the generation of chemical matter for a target and the development and selection of clinical candidates
- Ph.D. in Chemistry with 12+ years biopharmaceutical experience
- Expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts
- Documented reputation as a leader in the field with sustained performance and accomplishment
- Demonstrated technical proficiency, scientific creativity, independent thought, and ability to effectively collaborate with others
- Experience working on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Ability to determine approaches and procedures to new assignments and must be capable of providing guidance to peers/subordinates
- Successfully developed clinical candidates in oncology highly preferred
About FORMA Therapeutics, Inc.
Since its inception in 2008, FORMA Therapeutics has assembled a formidable team of drug hunters passionate about their science and driven to create transformative cancer therapies. FORMA’s novel approach to accessing high value drug targets leverages the integration of its innovative drug discovery technologies and oncology expertise. With an emphasis on areas such as tumor metabolism, epigenetics and protein-protein interactions, FORMA deploys an ultra-efficient discovery engine to screen over 30 targets per year and enables the rational development of a novel generation of small molecule drug candidates with qualified cellular mechanisms of action.
FORMA’s success is evidenced through the partnerships it has secured with leading pharmaceutical, academic, and not-for-profit institutions: Genentech, Boehringer Ingelheim, Eisai/H3 Biomedicine, Novartis, Janssen, and TGEN, each leveraging FORMA’s capabilities, capacity, and innovations. In 2011, FORMA was selected by Fierce Biotech as one of the top 15 most promising private biotech companies and its collaboration with Genentech voted “IN VIVO Deal of the Year.” Empowered by inspiration, hope, and determination, FORMA and its partners take on cancer to deliver meaningful solutions for patients in need.
FORMA has its headquarters in Watertown, MA, as well as a high-throughput chemistry and compound management facility in Branford, CT.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Job Code MT13-09. No phone calls please. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted.
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- May 22, 2013 Drug Repurposing and Reformulation: At the Crossroads of IP, Clinical and Business Strategies
- May 8, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Massachusetts Life Sciences Hub: City Biz List - 5/6/2013
- May 8, 2013 Marlborough commended as tech hub: MetroWest Daily News - 5/7/2013
- May 6, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Life Sciences Hub in Massachusetts: PR.com - 5/5/2013
- May 6, 2013 Elections may have big impact on tech, biotech: Boston Globe - 5/5/2013