Director, Pharmacology (KB13-01)
FORMA Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a talented Director or potentially Vice President of Pharmacology to lead and manage all in vivo pharmacology efforts. This position will act as primary liaison between all internal project teams and our outsourced pharmacology and toxicology partner. The pharmacology lead will possess strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to progress critical functions effectively in a team-oriented, matrix environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of collaborations and/or alliances for all pharmacology related activities
- Overall management of major relationship with in vivo pharmacology collaborator
- Mentor project team members in devising appropriate in vivo experiments relevant to Lead optimization activities for small molecule programs (PK, MTD, Efficacy, PD)
- Prior Project Leadership experience highly desired
- Serve as member of senior management team
- PhD in Pharmacology with 10+ years of oncology related work experience
- Exceptional knowledge of all types of in vivo cancer models & their use in discovering & developing cancer drugs
- Hands on experience with in vivo cancer models of oncology including subcutaneous and orthotopic xenografts, syngeneic & leukemia models
- Experience with translational biology &/or early development of drug discovery programs is required
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate complex concepts and strategies
- Ability to adapt rapidly to changing priorities – flexibility, teamwork, collaborative work style and a positive attitude
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment both individually and in teams
- Demonstrated abilities in analytical, quantitative and critical thinking
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to interact appropriately with all levels of employees both internally and externally
- Demonstrated leadership abilities consistently representing the company in a professional manner
- Strong internal desire for success and curing cancer
About FORMA Therapeutics, Inc.
Since its inception in 2008, FORMA Therapeutics has assembled a formidable team of drug hunters passionate about their science and driven to create transformative cancer therapies. FORMA’s novel approach to accessing high value drug targets leverages the integration of its innovative drug discovery technologies and oncology expertise. With an emphasis on areas such as tumor metabolism, epigenetics and protein-protein interactions, FORMA deploys an ultra-efficient discovery engine to screen over 30 targets per year and enables the rational development of a novel generation of small molecule drug candidates with qualified cellular mechanisms of action.
FORMA’s success is evidenced through the partnerships it has secured with leading pharmaceutical, academic, and not-for-profit institutions: Genentech, Boehringer Ingelheim, Eisai/H3 Biomedicine, Novartis, Janssen, and TGEN, each leveraging FORMA’s capabilities, capacity, and innovations. In 2011, FORMA was selected by Fierce Biotech as one of the top 15 most promising private biotech companies and its collaboration with Genentech voted “IN VIVO Deal of the Year.” Empowered by inspiration, hope, and determination, FORMA and its partners take on cancer to deliver meaningful solutions for patients in need.
FORMA has its headquarters in Watertown, MA, as well as a high-throughput chemistry and compound management facility in Branford, CT.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job code KB13-01. No phone calls please. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted.