Sr Manager, Business Analytics
Vertex Pharmaceuticals is seeking an Senior Manager - Business Analytics to join our Business Information team in Cambridge MA.
The Senior Manager, Business Analytics plays an important role within the Business Information team. This role will be responsible for the design and execution of secondary analytics for multiple product lines. This includes planning and management of secondary data analytics across physician, patient and payer segments, integration of public data sets and presenting insights to cross-functional teams.
- Managing design and execution of secondary analytics—includes developing an analytic approach, analyzing data, preparing presentations and communicating results
- Understanding and integration of secondary data to create full therapeutic area insights.
- Ensuring cross functional communication and alignment to maximize impact of insights on business strategy.
- Provide ad hoc analytic support across business units
- A Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in a quantitative field (finance, economics, mathematics, or statistics)
- A minimum of 5-8 years experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry performing data analytics is required
- Significant experience with 3rd party pharmaceutical data sources (IMS, Wolters Kluwer, payer, etc)
- Experience with publically available data sources (NHANES, Medicare, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to identify key issues and value drivers and translate insights into an appropriate analytic framework
- Ability to manage multiple projects in varied stages at once.
- Advanced Excel skills a must.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well in matrix team environment.
Vertex creates new possibilities in medicine. Our team discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapies so people with serious diseases can lead better lives. Vertex scientists and our collaborators are working on new medicines to cure or significantly advance the treatment of hepatitis C, cystic fibrosis, rheumatoid arthritis and other life-threatening diseases. Founded more than 20 years ago in Cambridge, Mass., we now have ongoing worldwide research programs and sites in the United States, United Kingdom and Canada. Vertex has consistently been recognized as one of the industry's top workplaces by leading publications such as Science magazine, The Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal, San Diego Business Journal and The Scientist. For more information and to view Vertex's press releases, please visit www.vrtx.com.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
To Apply for this position, please CLICK HERE
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- May 22, 2013 Drug Repurposing and Reformulation: At the Crossroads of IP, Clinical and Business Strategies
- May 8, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Massachusetts Life Sciences Hub: City Biz List - 5/6/2013
- May 8, 2013 Marlborough commended as tech hub: MetroWest Daily News - 5/7/2013
- May 6, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Life Sciences Hub in Massachusetts: PR.com - 5/5/2013
- May 6, 2013 Elections may have big impact on tech, biotech: Boston Globe - 5/5/2013