RNA Engineering Research Associate/Senior Research Associate
Moderna Therapeutics is the first biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery and development of a new class of drugs, NativeTM proteins therapeutics. Leveraging the natural way in which proteins are made by humans, our proprietary modified messenger RNA (mRNA) enables the patient’s protein translation machinery to synthesize therapeutics without inducing an innate immune response. This approach envisions dosing a patient with stable, modified RNA that encodes a therapeutic protein of interest, that upon translation in a cell type, results in therapeutic treatment with high efficacy, low immunogenicity, and more biologically relevant dosing. The technology alleviates the need for laborious and expensive in vitro tissue culture or protein manufacture and purification. Our manufacturing process is cell-free. The technology is therefore a quantum advance in the field of drug development with great promise for novel ways of treating disease with direct application in the worldwide market of therapeutic biologics, which includes peptides, proteins, and antibodies. We are looking for smart, committed individuals who are looking to change the world by bringing new drugs to patients.
Applicants should have exceptional time management skills and pay strong attention to detail. Applicants should have the ability to resolve problems independently with standard protocols. Previous experience with protein and nucleic acids and, specifically, RNA is required. This job entails engineering of messenger RNA for optimized drug-like properties. We are looking for a high-energy candidate with ability to adapt to demands of high performance and form a very good collaborative environment with colleagues.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Making engineered mRNA molecules
- Standard tissue culture support including maintaining cell lines, making medium, freezing down cells, and maintenance of Tissue Culture room equipment.
- Western blotting, Immuno-precipitation, PCR, and ELISA.
- General laboratory assistance including lab equipment troubleshooting and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies.
- BS or MS in Biology with 2-5 years experience required with expertise in cell culture, molecular biology and biochemical techniques preferred
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve required
- Exceptional data organization
PLEASE APPLY ON LINE BY FORWARDING YOUR RESUME WITH COVER LETTER
Moderna Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, welcoming diversity in our workforce.
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- May 22, 2013 Drug Repurposing and Reformulation: At the Crossroads of IP, Clinical and Business Strategies
- May 8, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Massachusetts Life Sciences Hub: City Biz List - 5/6/2013
- May 8, 2013 Marlborough commended as tech hub: MetroWest Daily News - 5/7/2013
- May 6, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Life Sciences Hub in Massachusetts: PR.com - 5/5/2013
- May 6, 2013 Elections may have big impact on tech, biotech: Boston Globe - 5/5/2013