Director, Quantitative Bioinformatics Lead
Org Marketing Statement
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That's why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
* Propose, lead and conduct innovative projects based on Pfizer clinical trial data to identify molecular signatures that will influence patient selction ( enrichment or precision ) strategies in future clinical trials .
* Provide credible expertise and leadership in quantitative genetics, transcriptomics and other high dimensional data.
* Guide the use of quantitative “omics” and other data in systems biology and mechanistic modeling to enable prioritization of biomarkers and patients.
* Work in close collaboration with clinical statistics to develop and apply innovative methods to Pfizer internal data.
* Engage with Research colleagues and Business Unit colleagues to highlight the applications of quantitative human genetics in informing across the spectrum of Pharma R&D.
* Engage with the external community to develop and maintain high-quality collaborations, knowledge and internal standards in statistical and bioinformatics of human observational and interventional studies
Technical Skill Requirements:
* Background in biological and/or mathematical quantitative science & PhD in a relevant quantitative discipline.
* Expert knowledge of mathematical methodologies, algorithms and modeling tools used to define patient subsets and predict outcomes.
* Knowledge of coding languages for data mining, tool development and statistical analysis (R, java, SQL) for genetics and genomics analysis.
* Core understanding of clinical trial design, population based study design and epidemiology.
* Working knowledge of inflammatory and autoimmune pathways diseases.
* Track-record in of published research in a relevant area
* Able to effectively interact and communicate with multidisciplinary scientists and researchers, with excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
* Able to work effectively as part of a team whilst being innovative, entrepreneurial and proactive.
* Able to both lead and support projects, multi-task and prioritize amongst competing time-sensitive projects.
* Willingness to learn new skills relevant to emerging clinical trial strategies .
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Pfizer in the U.S. In certain circumstances it may be advantageous to Pfizer to support the application(s) for temporary visa classification and/or sponsor applications for permanent residence so that a foreign national colleague can accept or remain in a work assignment in the U. S. For certain classes of temporary visas, the resulting work authorization may be specific to Pfizer and the specific job and/or work site.
Pfizer may at its business discretion decide to or refrain from obtaining, maintaining and/or extending the temporary visa status and/or sponsoring a colleague for permanent residency and /or employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified U.S. workers and the colleague's long-term prospects for securing lawful permanent residence, among other reasons. Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work for Pfizer in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Pfizer's support of a colleague's temporary visa application or sponsorship of a colleague for permanent residence be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the colleague and Pfizer.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- May 22, 2013 Drug Repurposing and Reformulation: At the Crossroads of IP, Clinical and Business Strategies
- May 8, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Massachusetts Life Sciences Hub: City Biz List - 5/6/2013
- May 8, 2013 Marlborough commended as tech hub: MetroWest Daily News - 5/7/2013
- May 6, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Life Sciences Hub in Massachusetts: PR.com - 5/5/2013
- May 6, 2013 Elections may have big impact on tech, biotech: Boston Globe - 5/5/2013