Scientist, In Vitro Pharmacologist [CVMED]
Org Marketing Statement
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That's why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
We are seeking a highly motivated laboratory scientist to be a member of the Discovery Innovations group in the CVMED research unit. This individual will apply strong scientific background in in vitro pharmacology to support drug discovery research programs for the treatment of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- Contribute to the progression of research programs from inception to first- in- human (FIH) and Proof of Concept (PoC).
- Develop and perform assays to generate in- depth knowledge of mechanism and signal transduction pathways.
- Develop, validate and run primary and secondary biochemical and cell- based assays that drive project chemistry; pursue the identification of lead compounds in low and/or medium throughput approaches; characterize lead structures in potency, selectivity and functional assays; probe mode of action of relevant compounds through detailed mechanistic studies.
- Evaluate cutting edge technologies and platforms and explore new approaches and models to drive cutting edge science in diabetes and cardiovascular disease drug discovery.
- Read and understand relevant scientific literature and be a technical leader in the area of in vitro pharmacology.
- Work on multiple programs simultaneously and be an integral member of cross- disciplinary project teams.
- BS/MS in Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Cell Biology or a related field in the biomedical sciences with 5- 10 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, execute and interpret complex experiments.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, strong self- motivation and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Pfizer in the U.S. In certain circumstances it may be advantageous to Pfizer to support the application(s) for temporary visa classification and/or sponsor applications for permanent residence so that a foreign national colleague can accept or remain in a work assignment in the U. S. For certain classes of temporary visas, the resulting work authorization may be specific to Pfizer and the specific job and/or work site.
Pfizer may at its business discretion decide to or refrain from obtaining, maintaining and/or extending the temporary visa status and/or sponsoring a colleague for permanent residency and /or employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified U.S. workers and the colleague's long- term prospects for securing lawful permanent residence, among other reasons. Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work for Pfizer in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Pfizer's support of a colleague's temporary visa application or sponsorship of a colleague for permanent residence be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at- will" employment relationship between the colleague and Pfizer.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE