Research Associate - Bioanalytical Group
Moderna Therapeutics is the first biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery and development of a new class of drugs, NativeTM proteins therapeutics. Leveraging the natural way in which proteins are made by humans, our proprietary modified messenger RNA (mRNA) enables the patient’s protein translation machinery to synthesize therapeutics without inducing an innate immune response. This approach envisions dosing a patient with stable, modified RNA that encodes a therapeutic protein of interest, that upon translation in a cell type, results in therapeutic treatment with high efficacy, low immunogenicity, and more biologically relevant dosing. The technology alleviates the need for laborious and expensive in vitro tissue culture or protein manufacture and purification. Our manufacturing process is cell-free. The technology is therefore a quantum advance in the field of drug development with great promise for novel ways of treating disease with direct application in the worldwide market of therapeutic biologics, which includes peptides, proteins, and antibodies. We are looking for smart, committed individuals who are looking to change the world by bringing new drugs to patients.
Applicants should have exceptional time management skills and pay strong attention to detail. Applicants should have the ability to resolve problems independently with standard protocols. This job entails conducting high throughput testing of in vitro and in vivo samples in order to advance Moderna’s mRNA technology platform and pipeline. Ability to rapidly test biological samples for a variety of standardized readouts including protein expression, cytokines, and drug levels. Previous experience with bioanalytical testing and high throughput screening required. Ability to multi-task and meet technology development and research goals under aggressive timelines. BS or MS with 3-5+ years of industry experience required.
- BS or MS with 3-5+ years of industry experience
- Previous experience with bioanalytical testing and high throughput screening required
- Ability to multi-task effectively also required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Positive team building and teamwork skills
- Performance of high throughput standardized in vitro assays on biological samples to measure protein expression, cytokine levels, and drug (mRNA) levels
- Help develop datapackage to support advancement of Moderna’s mRNA technology platform and pipeline through analysis of biological samples
- General laboratory assistance including lab equipment troubleshooting and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies
- Accountability for project success and results delivery
- Interact closely with other members within the research group
- Record and communicate findings
We are looking for a high-energy candidate with ability to adapt to demands of high performance and form a very good collaborative environment with colleagues.