Clinical Training Manager
Training Partner Training and Development
The Training Partner will be responsible for conducting training needs assessments for internal (GMDA) and external (sites, vendors) constituents in order to ensure best practices in training development and implementation for assigned responsibilities. Responsible for managing partnerships with assigned functions(s), and performing ongoing gap analysis for training needs, implementation of determined learning solutions; and design and implementation of training programs.
This role will support the Head of Training and Development on preparation of strategic training plans and development of requirements for effective training materials, and liaise with other Training Partners to maximize efficiencies, standardize training approach, and determine areas for possible synergies. This role will proactively identify opportunities to enhance current and new training curricula, develop plans and deliver results in a timely manner. The Training Partner will provide guidance and support to assigned functions on maintaining all appropriate training and evaluation documentation per Vertex SOPs and adhere to regulatory, legal, OIG, PhRMA, and corporate compliance guidelines for all scientific and educational activities.
This role will ensure all job specific standards, processes, and associated operational training are implemented consistently with a high level of compliance This position is will be responsible for collaborating across multiple functional various managers to identify their short and long term departments’ training needs, and establishing short and long-term planning strategies that include creating distance learning and virtual training organizational capabilities, and a blended learning curriculum to meet the technical and leadership demands of employees, vendors and business partners.
- Responsible for the identification, coordination, and oversight of training programs for assigned functional area(s).
- Align with functional managers on the management of training records to ensure that individual training plans and training records are accurate and up to date.
- Design, develop and deliver programs/curriculum to meet training needs and enhance productivity for assigned functional area(s); develop train-the-trainer tools and modules for training programs.
- Collaborate with functional leaders to identify “core competencies” of assigned functional areas to develop short and long-term planning strategies and initiatives; collaborate with functional managers to assess ongoing individual training needs and to develop individual training plans.
- Develops training objectives, strategies, policies, and programs, determining the best instructional methods for each training program or session.
- Develop appropriate measures to ensure training initiatives are effective and in alignment with business strategy, including development and management of metrics and key performance indicators.
- Ensure that new Vertex associates training needs are assessed and an on boarding training plan are put in place and completed.
- Collaborate with functional representatives to assess external service providers and/or site staff training needs and to support the development of eventual training programs for those parties.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of high quality effective training programs.
- Evaluate the quality and effectiveness of trainings and the impact on performance.
- Work closely with other Training Partners to exchange best practice and ensure consistency of training across GMDA
- Work closely with Clinical Compliance and Risk Management (CCRM) to ensure update of training program based on identified gaps and needs related to compliance issues and audit/inspection findings.
- Evaluation of central electronic training record systems and tools to facilitate documentation and compliance
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of experience in clinical research with a strong focus on training and development in a cross-functional matrix environment, or equivalent.
- Approximately 3 years of experience in designing, creating and conducting training programs
- Demonstrated experience in needs analysis and curriculum development
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Thorough understanding of GCP, ICH Guidelines and Regulatory requirements.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to network across the company.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Successful track record in cross-functional facilitation and communication and able to achieve results in a growth oriented environment
- Ability to influence senior management and partner with various internal departments
- Experience in demonstrating influence and collaboration in a matrix environment
- Strong consultative, listening and analytical skills
- Possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Builds and maintains positive, productive relationships with peers, colleagues, operational managers, consultants, and suppliers.
- Demonstrates creative yet practical thinking, able to identify simple, realizable solutions and be capable of making decisions in ambiguous environments; open to and encouraging of new ideas
- Able to be forward thinking and engage in innovative solutions to today’s clinical environment
Vertex creates new possibilities in medicine. Our team discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapies so people with serious diseases can lead better lives. Vertex scientists and our collaborators are working on new medicines to cure or significantly advance the treatment of hepatitis C, cystic fibrosis, rheumatoid arthritis and other life-threatening diseases. Founded more than 20 years ago in Cambridge, Mass., we now have ongoing worldwide research programs and sites in the United States, United Kingdom and Canada. Vertex has consistently been recognized as one of the industry's top workplaces by leading publications such as Science magazine, The Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal, San Diego Business Journal and The Scientist. For more information and to view Vertex's press releases, please visit www.vrtx.com.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
To Apply for this position, please CLICK HERE