Director of In Vitro Pharmacology (Neuroscience - electrophysiology)
Reporting to the VP of Biology (a true industry vet) is an exciting position for a Director of In Vitro Pharmacology for a young & very exciting company located in Cambridge, MA (late stage discovery into development) pharma.
- Extremely well funded, first round by TOP TIER venture partners.
- Fantastic Management Team & Board; "a whose who of pharma", each with major successes under their belts.
- Exceptionally exciting science that is well understood with the potential to enter the clinic quickly with several compounds with anticipated success. Extremely exciting IP secured from impressive sources.
Position Attributes: Our client’s model is virtual; thusly the appropriate candidate must be astute in communicating and collaborating with CRO's and academic collaborators. This position reports to the VP of Biology and is complimented by a Director of In Vivo Pharmacology (already hired). Significant interaction with executive team occurs daily. There are no direct reports immediately though they will hire as needed, thus the appropriate candidate works independently. The appropriate candidate is very motivated by the prospect of being a highly valuable early hire at a small promising start up. This is a fast paced organization that demands relevant technical expertise, creativity, hard work, strong communications and a positive attitude. The appropriate candidate is motivated by both the science and the equity/ownership that is a major component of the compensation package.
Technically: This position encompasses a great deal though much of it will be overseeing the bio availability of compounds through their partners and internally. The Director of In Vitro Pharmacology will also oversee DMPK data coming from their partners. Our client plans for a near term IND and another following shortly thereafter; experience in writing parts of an IND is valued. NOTE: This is not a job for someone who has mostly "managed screening"...The appropriate candidate also has experience understanding the mechanistics behind the compound.
Education & Experience: Ph.D. in Neuroscience or the likes coupled with 7-10 years in industry with the majority if not all of it in a neuroscience related field/CNS/pain/etc..
Expert level experience (or close to it) in electrophysiology is a MUST: Efforts will focus on ion channels.
Techniques: patch clamp, screening (manual and some high throughput), MNDA modulation. binding assays, receptor occupancy
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested to become part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each StratAcuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional scientists and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a StratAcuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
StratAcuity, CHEMISTRY IS EVERYTHING.
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- May 22, 2013 Drug Repurposing and Reformulation: At the Crossroads of IP, Clinical and Business Strategies
- May 8, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Massachusetts Life Sciences Hub: City Biz List - 5/6/2013
- May 8, 2013 Marlborough commended as tech hub: MetroWest Daily News - 5/7/2013
- May 6, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Life Sciences Hub in Massachusetts: PR.com - 5/5/2013
- May 6, 2013 Elections may have big impact on tech, biotech: Boston Globe - 5/5/2013