Staff Scientist I
March 15, 2013
Sekisui Diagnostics supplies high quality, novel products to the central laboratory, hospital, and physician's office marketplaces. Working in collaboration with Sekisui Medical, and building on their existing infrastructure, Sekisui Diagnostic’s goal is to establish a new worldwide Diagnostics Instrument Systems company.
Sekisui is seeking a Staff Scientist to independently design, execute and interpret experiments and analytical procedures to address specific business related scientific objectives. This position will be located in our new Corporate Headquarters in Lexington, MA.
- Applies scientific method to experimental design & problem-solving
- Develop project plans, report progress of projects, assess risk
- Works with Marketing to define assay product requirements
- Supports field-based sales and support teams
- Provides expert consultation across the organization
- Represents the organization at scientific and trade shows
- Maintains adherence to good laboratory practices, Design Controls, chemical hygiene and biohazard safety requirements
Education, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements:
- Degree in biology, chemistry or related scientific discipline.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of relevant industry experience in clinical chemistry.
- Strong knowledge of assays and assay development methodology and experience developing assays for a platform product.
- Proficiency in the use of basic laboratory equipment
- Experience working with sophisticated software-controlled analytical analyzers
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills
- Proficiency of basic statistical concepts utilized for data analysis
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete projects.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Interpersonal Skills and Interactions:
Frequent inter-organizational contacts. Serves as member of multi-disciplinary project teams and provides expert consultation across the organization.
We are a globally competitive clinical diagnostic organization with proven product lines, solid business financials and over 30 years of history. We have an extensive track record of successful development, manufacturing and distribution of clinical diagnostics products throughout the world.
Formerly part of the Genzyme Corporation, our roots date back as the foundation of their original business plan. Our long standing partnership with Sekisui Medical has provided benefits for both organizations over the last 15 years, culminating in the acquisition by Sekisui Medical of the Diagnostics business in February 2011. Now we are embarking on a new phase in our organization, with the stability of an established business and the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. We are Sekisui and we are a great place to work.
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- May 22, 2013 Drug Repurposing and Reformulation: At the Crossroads of IP, Clinical and Business Strategies
- May 8, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Massachusetts Life Sciences Hub: City Biz List - 5/6/2013
- May 8, 2013 Marlborough commended as tech hub: MetroWest Daily News - 5/7/2013
- May 6, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Life Sciences Hub in Massachusetts: PR.com - 5/5/2013
- May 6, 2013 Elections may have big impact on tech, biotech: Boston Globe - 5/5/2013