Data Analyst I
Data Analyst IGENOMIC DATA CURATOR AND ANALYST, Broad Institute-GenomeCharacterization Center, Cancer Program, to generate a computational environment forthe analysis and interpretation of cancer genome alterations, and to participate in theseanalytical efforts, for flagship Program projects such as The Cancer Genome Atlas.
This individual will work to facilitate data sharing by making internal web navigation sitessuch as wikis and sharefiles; will generate and implement data storage and retrievalsystems for genome analyses; will assist biological team members and external userswith accessing these files; will perform basic analyses of these datasets using commonlyavailable software tools within our team; and will develop external web portals fordata display.
This individual will contribute to a lively team and wider communityof computational biologists, cancer geneticists, and software engineers dedicated todiscovering and understanding the alterations in the cancer genome.
- Generating, managing, and updating websites, wikis, and sharefile servers
- Assisting cancer biologists with access to and analysis of genome data sets
- Assisting software engineers and computational biologists with data acquisition andanalysis
- Enabling the research of program scientists though excellent communication andteamwork
- B.S. in the life sciences, physical sciences, or computational sciences.
- Knowledge of web development, and working in a unix environment required.
- Background in molecular genetic data, some basic programing skills preferred.
- Knowledge of either R, Matlab, python and/or Perl desirable but not required.
- Flexible and innovative approach to knowledge management, data curation and datadisplay in a team setting.
- The successful candidate must have excellent analytic, interpretative abilities and anexceptional ability to collaborate and communicate with fellow researchers in a teamsetting.
The Broad Institute will not offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE