Research Associate/Senior Research Associate RNA Screening Group
Applicants should have exceptional time management skills and pay strong attention to detail. Applicants should have the ability to resolve problems independently with standard protocols. This job entails helping develop the in vitro data package to support advancement of Moderna’s mRNA technology platform and pipeline. Ability to rapidly screen activity of different modified mRNA using a variety of in vitro assays. Experience with high throughput screening a definite plus. Ability to multi-task and meet technology development and research goals under aggressive timelines. BS or MS with 3-5+ years of industry experience required.
- BS or MS with 3-5+ years of industry experience in vitro screening
- Experience with high throughput screening a definite plus
- Experience with nucleic acid therapeutics a plus
- Ability to multi-task effectively required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Positive team building and teamwork skills
- Develop in vitro data package to support advancement of Moderna’s mRNA technology platform and pipeline
- Standard tissue culture support including maintaining cell lines, making medium, freezing down cells, and maintenance of Tissue Culture room equipment
- Performance of high throughput in vitro assays (Western blotting, Immuno-precipitation, PCR, ELISA, etc.)
- General laboratory assistance including lab equipment troubleshooting and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies
- Accountability for project success and results delivery
- Interact closely with other members within the research group
- Record and communicate findings
We are looking for a high-energy candidate with ability to adapt to demands of high performance and form a very good collaborative environment with colleagues.
PLEASE APPLY ON LINE BY FORWARDING YOUR RESUME WITH COVER LETTER
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- May 22, 2013 Drug Repurposing and Reformulation: At the Crossroads of IP, Clinical and Business Strategies
- May 8, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Massachusetts Life Sciences Hub: City Biz List - 5/6/2013
- May 8, 2013 Marlborough commended as tech hub: MetroWest Daily News - 5/7/2013
- May 6, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Life Sciences Hub in Massachusetts: PR.com - 5/5/2013
- May 6, 2013 Elections may have big impact on tech, biotech: Boston Globe - 5/5/2013