Scientist/Senior Scientist RNA Screening Group
Applicants should have exceptional time management skills and pay strong attention to detail. Applicants should have the ability to resolve problems independently with standard protocols. This job entails directing and helping perform the in vitro screening to support advancement of Moderna’s mRNA technology platform and pipeline. Ability to rapidly screen activity of different modified mRNA using a variety of in vitro assays. Experience with high throughput screening a definite plus. Ability to multi-task and meet technology development and research goals under aggressive timelines. PhD with 3-5+ years of industry experience required.
- PhD with 3-5+ years of industry experience in in vitro screening
- Experience with high throughput screening a definite plus
- Experience with nucleic acid therapeutics a plus
- Proven ability to supervise and mentor others
- Ability to multi-task effectively required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Positive team building and teamwork skills
- Strong track record of publications required
- Perform in vitro screening to support advancement of Moderna’s mRNA technology platform and pipeline
- Ability to effectively supervise and mentor others within the screening group
- Develop strategy and approaches to best screen compounds for multiple different targets
- Ability to manage and maintain scientific business relationships and contract research agreements
- Present findings both internally and externally
- Accountability for project success and results delivery
- Interact closely with other members within the research group
We are looking for a high-energy candidate with ability to adapt to demands of high performance and form a very good collaborative environment with colleagues.
PLEASE APPLY ON LINE BY FORWARDING YOUR RESUME WITH COVER LETTER
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- May 22, 2013 Drug Repurposing and Reformulation: At the Crossroads of IP, Clinical and Business Strategies
- May 8, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Massachusetts Life Sciences Hub: City Biz List - 5/6/2013
- May 8, 2013 Marlborough commended as tech hub: MetroWest Daily News - 5/7/2013
- May 6, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Life Sciences Hub in Massachusetts: PR.com - 5/5/2013
- May 6, 2013 Elections may have big impact on tech, biotech: Boston Globe - 5/5/2013