Information Strategist, Information Strategy and Analytics
Org Marketing Statement
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That's why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
As CII's key strategic information partner and primary point of contact (PoC) to Global Business Units (BUs), Research Units (RUs), and R&D Partner lines (PL) including Development Operations, this position provides expertise in developing information strategies based on available data and knowledge.
Ensures the application of internal and external clinical information assets and analytics to advance research, development, and commercialization of the Pfizer portfolio, and to enable precision medicine.
Act as Subject Matter Expert in at least one but not exclusive to one of the following disciplines: data mining, safety, biomarkers/genomics, precision medicine, clinical pharmacology, Enhanced Quantitative Drug Development, outcomes research, product development, operations, health information technology, product/legal defense.
- CII Point Of Contact for designated BUs, RUs, and PLs. Identify, evaluate, and prioritize clinical data reuse opportunities that support current commitments and future horizons of scientific decision support
- Serves as Subject matter Expert for domain assigned. Understands the business priorities, products, and information needs
- Liaison between the data managers, statisticians, clinicians partner programmers, and medical writers to ensure delivery of clinical data to submissions, regulatory inquiries, and other asset and business requests including ad hoc requests.
- Work closely with CII leadership to retain product knowledge, domain expertise, exploring industry standards for future needs around the analysis and reporting of clinical study data, Therapeutic/scientific, or other specialized domains expertise (e.g. outcomes, safety surveillance, clinical pharmacology, drug research, etc), and understanding of internal or external data sources or both, and the analytics needs relevant to those domains.
- Champions operational excellence for clinical data to provide continuous improvement of processes and sharing of best practices across all Dev Ops, RU/BUs and Alliance Partners. Oversight of key data quality and documentation completion for key deliverables with respect for data presentations and inspection readiness.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree (B.S, or B.A) in biological sciences, statistics, or related discipline with a strong understanding of biomedical data and analytics. Statistics training preferred. Advanced degree ( M.S., Pharm D, M.D., or Ph.D.) is a plus.
- At least 8-12 years experience in a pharmaceutical, biotech, or CRO or Regulatory Agency
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple, complex projects, developing successful partnerships and strong customer focus
- Strong communication, influencing, negotiation, and management skills.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated expertise with data and processes (data management, statistics, technologies, standards) associated with pharmaceutical research and development
- Thorough understanding of regulatory systems requirements and data standards
- Knowledge of regulatory submissions processes and requirements
- Knowledge of technologies supporting data acquisition, reporting, and validation preferred
- SAS programming experience preferred
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to travel on occasion
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Pfizer in the U.S. In certain circumstances it may be advantageous to Pfizer to support the application(s) for temporary visa classification and/or sponsor applications for permanent residence so that a foreign national colleague can accept or remain in a work assignment in the U. S. For certain classes of temporary visas, the resulting work authorization may be specific to Pfizer and the specific job and/or work site.
Pfizer may at its business discretion decide to or refrain from obtaining, maintaining and/or extending the temporary visa status and/or sponsoring a colleague for permanent residency and /or employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified U.S. workers and the colleague's long-term prospects for securing lawful permanent residence, among other reasons. Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work for Pfizer in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Pfizer's support of a colleague's temporary visa application or sponsorship of a colleague for permanent residence be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the colleague and Pfizer.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE
MassBio is a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the development of critical new science, technology and medicines that benefit people worldwide.
Founded in 1985, MassBio represents over 600 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, research hospitals, and service organizations involved in life sciences and health care, and works to advance policy and promote education, while providing member programs and events, industry information, and services.
- May 22, 2013 Drug Repurposing and Reformulation: At the Crossroads of IP, Clinical and Business Strategies
- May 8, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Massachusetts Life Sciences Hub: City Biz List - 5/6/2013
- May 8, 2013 Marlborough commended as tech hub: MetroWest Daily News - 5/7/2013
- May 6, 2013 MassBio Recognizes Marlborough as a Major Life Sciences Hub in Massachusetts: PR.com - 5/5/2013
- May 6, 2013 Elections may have big impact on tech, biotech: Boston Globe - 5/5/2013