Perform receiving, documentation, labeling, storage, and distribution (including occasional transportation) of raw, intermediates, and final drug substances, lab supplies, equipment and glassware per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) guidelines. Assist other Material Control group members with collection and disposal of waste materials.
- Control and distribution of raw materials, intermediates, and final Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) to multiple laboratories and between the sites.
- Tracking of materials throughout our client's laboratories and Pilot Plant facilities, including traceability of materials into batches of APIs.
- Utilize knowledge of safe handling requirements for collection and storage of hazardous materials to/from multiple locations.
- Package and ship chemicals and drug substances (both hazardous and non-hazardous) according to Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Interact with chemists, scientist, and Quality Units to provide delivery of raw materials, equipment, and lab supplies and provide support services and information as needed.
- Perform handling and storage of bulk containers, including safe forklift operations.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 2-4 years experience with hazardous material receiving, handling and shipping, within a pharmaceutical or chemical environment.
- AA in chemistry, engineering, or other related technical field with 0-2 years experience with hazardous material handling and shipping, within a pharmaceutical or chemical environment.
- Ability to safely and properly lift/move large, bulky, heavy containers and equipment.
- Experience in inventory control and stock room inventory management.
- Experience in a production environment in a pharmaceutical industry
- Good understanding of GMPs and FDA regulations