Postdoctoral Scientist- Functional Proteomics
Postdoctoral Associate-Functional Proteomics
BERG Pharma is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral associate to work within the “Omics” group at Berg Diagnostics division to develop and apply state-of-the art proteomics technology to address compelling questions in biology, chemistry and clinical medicine. The successful candidate will join a team responsible for biomarker discovery/validation in multiple disease areas, including neurodegenerative diseases, diabetes, obesities, and cancer, using state-of-the-art quantitative proteomics platforms. The candidate will be responsible for driving research in quantitative analysis of protein expression and modifications (phosphorylation, acetylation, ubiquitinylation, etc.) as well as characterizing the role of different enzymes (eg. kinases) induced by perturbation using functional and activity-based mass spectrometry approaches. In addition, identifying the mechanism of action of drugs and drug-like molecules; developing and optimizing novel, broadly enabling proteomic technologies including targeted, quantitative MS assay development for proteins and modifications. Successful candidates will work with an interdisciplinary team of biologists, chemists, and computational scientists to deeply characterize and understand the proteomes of cells, biofluids and tissues.
- PhD degree in a relevant field (Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Analytical Sciences)
- 3-5 years’ experience with nanoLC-MSMS analysis using HR/HA mass spectrometry instruments
- A strong background in state-of-the-art proteomics and some experience in cell biology, signaling and/or systems biology.
- Familiarity with high-throughput quantitative methodologies such as iTRAQ®, TMT®, and Label-free approaches
- Apply and/or develop affinity/activity-based proteomic probes to profile the functional state of enzyme targets in native biological systems and assess selectivity of compounds.
- Collaborate closely with analytical biochemistry, molecular biology, and computational research staff to design, plan, and perform experiments, collect data, and conduct data analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and present data in a clear fashion
- Excellent personal and communication skills
- The ideal candidate will have solid scientific training/productivity as identified through high impact publications demonstrating creative thinking as well as innovative technical approaches.
In order to be considered for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, list of publications, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Berg Pharma focuses our research on understanding how alterations in metabolism relate to disease onset. The company has a deep pipeline of early-stage technologies in CNS diseases and metabolic diseases that complement its late-stage clinical trial activity in cancer and prevention of chemotoxicity. Armed with use of the Interrogative Biology® discovery platform that translates biological output into viable therapeutics and a robust biomarker library, Berg Pharma is poised to realize its pursuit of a healthier tomorrow.