Scientist - Proteomics
BERG Pharma is seeking a highly motivated scientist to work within the “Omics” group at Berg Diagnostics division to develop and apply state-of-the art proteomics technology to address compelling questions in biology, chemistry and clinical medicine. The successful candidate will join a team responsible for biomarker discovery/validation in multiple disease areas, including neurodegenerative diseases, diabetes, obesities, and cancer, using state-of-the-art quantitative proteomics platforms. A successful applicant will have a strong technical background in research and product development, instrumentation, analytical HPLC methods development, protein chemistry and specialized in developing high throughput nanoLC-MS/MS workflows for qualitative and quantitative analysis. The candidate will be exposed to a wide range of scientific problems in a multidisciplinary research environment, and expected to provide solid analytical support to discovery teams. Additional responsibility includes training junior scientist, presenting data at internal meetings as well as external conference, drafting scientific publications.
- PhD degree in a relevant field (Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Analytical Sciences)
- 3-5 years of relevant postdoctoral experience in application of LC-MS in proteomic research
- In-depth knowledge of mass spectrometry and related techniques and how these can be applied for the analysis of biomarker in biological matrices
- Familiarity with high-throughput quantitative methodologies such as iTRAQ®, TMT®, and Label-free approaches
- Expertise in separations as well as experience in automation/sample handling is desirable
- Strong background in protein biomarker discovery and validation research
- Collaborate closely with analytical biochemistry, molecular biology, and computational research staff to design, plan, and perform experiments, collect data, and conduct data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and present data in a clear fashion
- Excellent personal and communication skills
- The ideal candidate will have solid scientific training/productivity as identified through high impact publications demonstrating creative thinking as well as innovative technical approaches
In order to be considered for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, list of publications, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Berg Pharma focuses our research on understanding how alterations in metabolism relate to disease onset. The company has a deep pipeline of early-stage technologies in CNS diseases and metabolic diseases that complement its late-stage clinical trial activity in cancer and prevention of chemotoxicity. Armed with use of the Interrogative Biology® discovery platform that translates biological output into viable therapeutics and a robust biomarker library, Berg Pharma is poised to realize its pursuit of a healthier tomorrow.