Research Associate – Proteomics
Berg is seeking a self-motivated individual to join our rapidly expanding omics division. Successful candidate will be responsible for high-throughput sample preparation for proteomics analysis in our multi-omics pipeline.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organize samples submitted for proteomics analysis
- Sample preparation for mass spectrometry analysis, including protein separation and peptide separation
- Optimization of protein and peptide separation and/or enrichment
- Learn and perform monitoring, calibrating and troubleshooting of MS and HPLC instrumentation
- Perform routine protein analyses including SDS-PAGE, western blot, immunoprecipitation, multiple enzymatic digestion, and LC-MS/MS
- Coordinates and tracks purchases, deliveries and restocking of laboratory supplies, parts, and equipment, maintains reagent database
B.S. or M.S. in chemistry, biochemistry or related discipline with 1-3 year experience.
Additional requirements include:
- Ability to work effectively within a multidiscipline group in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to closely follow detailed protocols
- Ability to work enthusiastically and cooperatively under the direct supervision of others
- Passion to master and organize assigned tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent technical skills relevant to the tasks described in this posting, including HPLC, mass spectrometry and proteomics are desired.
Level is commensurate with experience
Competitive compensation and benefit package included.
Berg Pharma focuses our research on understanding how alterations in metabolism relate to disease onset. The company has a deep pipeline of early-stage technologies in CNS diseases and metabolic diseases that complement its late-stage clinical trial activity in cancer and prevention of chemotoxicity. Armed with use of the Interrogative Biology® discovery platform that translates biological output into viable therapeutics and a robust biomarker library, Berg Pharma is poised to realize its pursuit of a healthier tomorrow.