Research Associate/Sr Research Associate, in Vitro Screening & Assay Development
Research Associate/ Sr. Research Associate, In Vitro Screening & Assay Development
Visit http://www.modernatx.com/revolution to apply
We seek a highly skilled and motivated in vitro biologist ready to function in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Applicants will help to develop the in vitro data package to support advancement of Moderna’s mRNA technology platform and pipeline by rapidly screening the activity of different modified mRNA using a variety ofin vitro assays.
- Performance of high throughput in vitro assays (ELISA, FACS, Luciferase, Western blotting, etc.)
- Standard cell culture support including maintaining and plating of cell lines
- General laboratory assistance including lab equipment maintenance and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies
- Accountable for project success and results delivery
- Closely collaborate with other members within the research group
- Record and communicate findings
- BS with at least 5 years of industry experience or MS with 3 years of industry experience performing in vitro screening
- Demonstrated knowledge of ELISA, luminescent and fluorescent based assay development
- Hands on experience with mammalian cell culture
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work efficiently and productively and a highly dynamic environment
- Experience with high throughput screening and/or nucleic acid therapeutics a plus
- Ability to multi-task to meet technology development and research goals
- Attention to Detail
- Operates Independently
- Effective Communication (oral and written)
- Adapts to Frequent Change
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
Moderna Therapeutics is pioneering messenger RNA therapeutics™, an entirely new in vivo drug modality that produces human proteins or antibodies inside patient cells, which are in turn active intracellularly or secreted. This breakthrough platform addresses currently undruggable targets and offers a superior alternative to existing drug modalities for a wide range of disease conditions. Moderna has developed a broad intellectual property estate including 144 patent applications with 6,910 claims ranging from novel nucleotide chemistries to specific drug compositions. The company plans to develop and commercialize its innovative mRNA drugs—initially for rare diseases and oncology—while partnering drug candidates in other therapeutic areas in order to rapidly deliver this innovation to patients. Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Moderna is privately held and was founded in 2010 by Flagship VentureLabs in association with leading scientists from Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Visit http://modernatx.com/revolution to apply.
Moderna recently signed a collaboration agreement with Astra Zeneca that provided a $240MM upfront payment (plus milestone payments).
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.Apply Now