Director, Program Management
Good Start Genetics is a leading molecular diagnostics company that benefits doctors and patients by setting the new gold standard for routine genetic carrier screening for inherited diseases. Based in Cambridge, Good Start Genetics, Inc. conducts genetic diagnostic carrier testing for the reproductive market. Our clinical molecular diagnostics laboratory is CLIA and CAP certified. Good Start Genetics is building a great team with experienced professionals. Please visit www.goodstartgenetics.com for more company information.
GSG is seeking a Director, Program Management
This position will partner with the leaders of Good Start’s functional departments to develop a scalable, cross-functional approach to product development and commercial product support that will both serve the immediate needs of the company and accommodate the expected growth in the pipeline and product portfolio. The primary objective is to create an approach that effectively leverages the expertise of critical functions to efficiently advance products through development, while also developing a governance process that enables timely prioritization, resource allocation, and issue resolution decisions.
Additionally, the position will serve as the internal subject matter expert and leader of organizational effectiveness efforts to develop and instill the culture of continuous improvement at all levels of the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
Project Management Office/Demand & Resource Management:
Establish and direct processes for clear oversight, integration, and communication of projects across the organization utilizing a portfolio and program management approach. Assure resource constraints and time conflicts are transparent and actionable. Assure project portfolio is comprehensive to include new product development projects, sustaining/maintenance of business projects, and other projects and work orders that place demands on key resources. Lead and direct individual projects as required.
Develop clear view of processes, supporting systems, and the value chain (from external suppliers to end-customers) to understand handoffs and areas of opportunity (e.g. bottlenecks, risks, waste). Lead actions to improve/optimize for scale-up within available structures (e.g. current building footprint, existing and future state LIMS). Help foster a culture of continuous improvement through training, tools, and processes. Develop departmental operational excellence “champions” and lead this team to have positive impact on departmental processes. Establish mechanisms and tools for deploying strategy and enabling clear alignment. Establish communication processes and tools (e.g. dashboards) for measuring and reporting enterprise-wide performance against strategic goals, objectives, and key performance indicators. Provide “work flow” perspective to provide a view across systems, processes, and the project portfolio for performance in order to serve as a cross-functional ‘health-check’ on the business.
Provide guidance and support to the organization to further enable its abilities and skills with regard to process management/change management and continuous improvement.
- Successful experience demonstrating knowledge and understanding of program effectiveness in the following areas:
- Program Management - supporting program planning, scoping, dependency/risk management, resources deployment, quality control and reporting;
- Program Strategy, Governance and Management - supporting the organization in providing advice and oversight in evaluation of program alternatives and assisting in structuring a plan and mobilizing resources to deliver results;
- Project Reviews - supporting the risk assessment through evaluation of programs and provide recommendations for program effectiveness
- Successful experience with developing program strategies including scope, program approach, resource requirements, timeline, risks and dependencies to address a variety of client business, IT and/or compliance issues; providing advice on the best course of action while considering cost, effort, risk and potential outcomes; facilitating agreement on approach, methodologies and tools to promote alignment with client's business requirements; establishing plan to increase project governance structure, roles and responsibilities.
- Successful experience as a team leader: creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads while meeting expectations; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Advanced Degree preferred with emphases in project management, organizational behavior, project tools and techniques, and strategic project management
- 3 to 5 years successful experience in leading and directing a Program Management function.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Benefits package available includes: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan, bonus plan, paid vacation and holidays
To apply please reply to this post with a resume and cover letter which specifically addresses why you are interested in this position, why you are qualified, specific examples of success in similar positions, your work style, and when you are available to begin working.