Sarepta Therapeutics is focused on developing first-in-class RNA-based therapeutics to improve and save the lives of people affected by serious and life-threatening rare and infectious diseases. The Company’s diverse pipeline includes its lead program eteplirsen, for Duchenne muscular dystrophy, as well as potential treatments for some of the world’s most lethal infectious diseases. Sarepta aims to build a leading, independent biotech company dedicated to translating its RNA-based science into transformational therapeutics for patients who face significant unmet medical needs. For more information, please visit us at www.sareptatherapeutics.com.
This position will report directly to the General Counsel and provide legal counsel and services in all areas of intellectual property law to various clients in a rapidly growing biopharmaceutical company. This attorney will be a critical member of the organization and will work with a variety of cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment to build and maintain a strong intellectual property portfolio in support of the company's drug discovery and development efforts. Responsibilities will include performing and/or supervising: strategic IP planning including patent application, prosecution and litigation planning across the company’s broad IP portfolio, due diligence investigations and freedom to operate analyses, and business development and licensing input. The role will also involve exposure to a broad range of non-patent legal issues and require the development of working relationships with co-workers in a variety of groups within the company, including scientific research, technical operations, regulatory affairs, business development and commercial.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Ability to use direct persuasion and data and facts throughout a discussion or presentation. Use active listening skills to summarize, recognize, and reinforce message.
- Take personal responsibility for evaluating and determining the best path forward when responding to customers.
- Ability to recognize opportunities and/or issues and applying analytical and creative thinking to maximize performance.
- Works cooperatively with colleagues for the greater good of the business overall.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and persevere to achieve results.
Education and Skills Requirements:
- J.D. from an accredited law school; admitted to practice in the US
- Undergraduate degree in one of the life sciences
- Admitted to practice before the USPTO
- 10 or more years of experience practicing as an intellectual property attorney in the pharmaceutical field. Patent agent experience may be taken into consideration.
- Comfortable working directly and independently with clients, including scientists Experience in both chemistry and biotechnology preferred Previous in-house experience preferred Advanced degree preferred
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Sarepta Therapeutics offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Sarepta Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and participates in e-Verify.