Merrimack Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company discovering, developing and preparing to commercialize innovative medicines paired with companion diagnostics for the treatment of serious diseases, with an initial focus on cancer. Merrimack applies Network Biology, its proprietary systems biology-based approach to biomedical research, throughout the research and development process. Merrimack currently has six targeted therapeutic oncology candidates in clinical development.
We are looking for a candidate who thrives in an interdisciplinary environment and who is not afraid of challenges. The ideal candidate is a good communicator, high-energy, self-motivated, open to change and brings an innovative mindset. The individual will be contributing to therapeutic design and lead selection on an interdisciplinary discovery team.
- The individual will be driving therapeutic design from conception to execution.
- Responsibilities will include designing, expressing, purifying, and characterizing potential protein therapeutics.
- The individual will also be expected to work closely with the discovery team to advance the project in preclinical activities including lead selection, efficacy studies, mechanism of action studies, and developing a predictive biomarker strategy.
- The individual will collaborate / interact with a broad group of scientists within Merrimack and with external collaborators. These scientists will include in vitro and in vivo biologists, formulation scientists, and computational scientists. Most importantly, successful candidates must be able to engage colleagues in cross-disciplinary scientific discussion, stay abreast of relevant scientific literature, write about their own work, and collaborate within and across multidisciplinary teams. They will be flexible and results-oriented.
- Ph.D. in biological or related discipline, with at least 2-3 year of independent postdoctoral research.
- Extensive experience in molecular biology techniques, protein expression in mammalian systems and purification, and biochemical/biophysical characterization required.
- Demonstrated interest in innovative therapeutic design and protein engineering is desired.
- Excellent work ethic, communication and teamwork skills, and desire to work on complex problems in a fast-paced environment.
If you are interested in a great opportunity with a fantastic company, please click the link to apply: