The primary responsibility will be to contribute to the design, development and routine implementation of new ELISA and cytokine-specific quantitation methods to expand the Bioanalytical group capabilities. Following experimental designs set with the team, the individual will be involved in the running of the experiments, processing of the data and critical analysis of the results.
The Research Associate will have a demonstrated high proficiency in immunoassays for quantitative analyses, the ability to learn new tasks quickly and work in a fast-paced environment with repetitive tasks both semi-independently and in a team environment.
Education and Experience Requirements
A B.S. in Biochemistry, Immunology or a related field with 5-6 years of relevant industrial experience, an M.S. with 2-3 years of industrial experience [, or a Ph.D. with 1-3 years of experience]. Title and compensation will be commensurate to experience.
Additional requirements include:
- Expertise in running antibody-based assays in a GLP laboratory
- Knowledge of Softmax software critical
- Involvement in a high-throughput environment desirable
- Proficiency running Aushon cytokine instrumentation a definite plus
- Involvement with animal work elective
- Excellent written and verbal communication and documentation skills
- Strong attention to details and organizational skills