Scientist - Analytical Sciences
Scientist - Analytical Sciences
Pronutria is seeking an innovative and energetic Scientist to join the Analytical Sciences team. The Scientist will develop analytical methods internally and externally for support of a pipeline of pharmacologically active protein nutrients. He or she will be an expert in protein characterization that provides scientific and technical leadership within Analytical Sciences and while collaborating with other Discovery and Development groups. An ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in proteins and biological systems and excels in a face paced start-up environment.
- Develop and implement a variety of protein characterization techniques such as HPLC, chip electrophoresis (Labchip GXII), immunoassay assays (ELISA, western blot, dot blot), and fluorescence and colorimetric assays
- Implement and develop protein mass spectroscopy methods externally to characterize proteins and peptides
- Add and facilitate external analytical capabilities by leading relationships with contract research laboratories
- Convert methods into a high-throughput format (96-well plate) utilizing liquid handling/automation
- Work collaboratively with biology, process development, and product development groups to achieve company goals and milestones
- Independently conceive, initiate, and complete protein related research projects and regularly present experimental results to team and company meetings
- Active contributor to patent filings
Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biochemistry or similar field and 1+ years of experience or MS with 4+ years of experience in characterization of proteins in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry setting.
Pronutria has developed a revolutionary life science platform based on identifying and optimizing protein nutrients from the human diet with unique pharmacological functions, opening a vast, untapped source of safe breakthrough medicines and dietary supplements that can transform the lives of millions. Pharmaconutrients, which are pharmacologically active nutrients, are a validated class of health products wherein nutrients from the human diet have drug-like efficacy. Pronutria's platform leverages a wealth of advanced biotechnology tools typically applied to drug development, that, as applied to food for the first time, have allowed for the discovery and production of a large family of pharmaconutrients. Specifically, the company is developing pharmacologically active protein nutrients, ProNutreins™, selected from the company’s proprietary library containing billions of proteins from the human diet. ProNutreins™ are naturally occurring, orally consumed protein nutrients that trigger pharmacologic benefits through precise and reproducible delivery of amino acids. Families of ProNutreins™ with specific pharmacologic efficacy and functional characteristics are selectively identified from within the library and will be marketed as medicines, medical foods and dietary supplements for those seeking to improve their health and more safely treat many health issues, including diseases of aging, metabolism, and inflammation, and those diseases where poor nutrition contributes substantially to poor recovery and decline. The Company’s lead ProNutrein™ programs are ready to begin human trials in muscle metabolism, pre-diabetes and obesity. By tapping into the enormous power of amino acid pharmacology, and a large library of protein products that delivers it, Pronutria will build pharmaconutrients as a major new class of medical and health products.