BioTherapeutics Precision Medicine Clinical Lead
Org Marketing Statement
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That's why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
The purpose of the BioTherapeutics PM Lead role is to coordinate and lead the development of precision medicine/patient segmentation hypotheses and strategies and to be responsible for implementation of these strategies for all assigned projects within the scope of the BioTx Research Unit, spanning from the discovery phase to Proof of Concept (POC)
* Develop effective collaborations with key partners in Research Unit and partner lines, eg Discovery Research, Pharmacodynamics and Metabolism, Clinical Assay Group, Translational Immunology, Development Operations
* Develop effective collaborations with key Business Unit partners to transition precision medicine/patient segmentation strategies as compounds transition to the Business Units.
* Establish relationships with external experts, consultants, opinion leaders, and regulators
* Sit on project teams from Lead Declaration (LD) to POC and ensure that precision medicine strategies are in place and being implemented and contributing to key development milestones, eg Proof of Mechanism (POM), POC
* Provide leadership to the clinical function in preparation of the precision medicine component of critical documents, including but not limited to clinical protocol, clinical plan, investigator brochure, statistical analysis plan, regulatory documents.
* Improve the culture of collaboration between clinical and research by relaying information between the two groups and ensuring transitions
* Foster an environment that encourages strong partnerships and mutual trust between teams, sub-teams, and leaders
* Coordinate with other PM activities in BioTx and World-Wide Research and Development
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of published literature in relevant therapeutic areas including the key development issues
* The applicant will have the opportunity to serve in the Medical Monitor and Clinical Lead role on selected programs
Requires MD or MD/PhD
* Strong background in Academic Research at least to the Fellow or Junior Faculty level
* Experience of industry-sponsored clinical research is not required but desirable
* Ability to operate with a sense of pace and urgency
* Exercises initiative in meeting goals and drives innovation in projects
* Demonstrated scientific productivity (publications, abstracts, etc.)
* Proven scientific writing skills and good communication skill
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must be authorized to work for Pfizer in the U.S. at the time of the commencement of employment. Foreign national applicants who will need employer immigration sponsorship to obtain or continue work authorization must disclose that fact as part of the application process. Pfizer may consider in its sole discretion sponsoring a foreign national applicant for work authorization and/or permanent residence (green card) depending on its business needs.
To apply for this position, please go to: