Clinical Laboratory Technologist, II
Summary of Position
Foundation Medicine is seeking a talented and highly motivated Clinical Laboratory Technologist, II to perform routine testing, equipment maintenance, and solution and reagent preparation in a high complexity clinical diagnostic laboratory. The work schedule for this technologist will be Tuesday through Saturday from 2:00pm to 10:00pm.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Performing highly complex testing according to established SOPs, with minimum supervision after training is complete.
- Utilizing automated platforms for sample processing.
- Basic knowledge of lab and trouble shooting skills
- Maintaining commitment to patient, quality and continuous improvement
- Completing basic projects under direct guidance of senior lab personnel
- Performing daily and as needed maintenance on Sequencers including waste removal (requires ability to lift ~30lbs).
- Ensuring all labs are well stocked with appropriate lab-ware, reagents, and solutions.
- Preparing new reagents and solutions according to SOPs.
- Performing daily, weekly, monthly and as needed equipment maintenance checks.
- Working closely with QC to ensure all equipment is functioning as expected.
- Performing components of the FMI assay where appropriate.
Required Skills and Experience
- Ability to learn new tasks in appropriate timeframes.
- Continued ability to meet expectations in their job function as evidenced by their reviews and feedback from their colleagues and supervisor/manager.
- Demonstrate commitment to quality and patient.
- Be committed to FMI’s core values.
Education or Experience
- Minimum BS in a Biological or Life Science
- 2+ years of relevant lab experience in a CLIA/CAP lab
- Working knowledge of DNA manipulation techniques, ideally through experience, course work and degree related lab work
About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine is a molecular information company dedicated to a transformation in cancer care in which treatment is informed by a deep understanding of the genomic changes that contribute to each patient’s unique cancer. The company’s initial clinical product, FoundationOne™, is a fully informative genomic profile to identify a patient’s individual molecular alterations and match them with relevant targeted therapies and clinical trials. Foundation Medicine’s molecular information platform aims to improve day-to-day care for patients by serving the needs of clinicians, academic researchers and drug developers to help advance the science of molecular medicine in cancer.
Note to Employment Agencies
Foundation Medicine values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners and will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by any employee of Foundation Medicine who is not a member of the Human Resources team.