Accessioning Technologist/Specimen Processor
Summary of Position
Foundation Medicine is seeking a talented and highly motivated entry level Accessioning Technologist to perform critical sample receipt and data entry functions in a fast paced CLIA certified Clinical Laboratory.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Receive and record delivery of patient samples on a daily basis.
- Unpack and verify contents and condition of received samples.
- Perform data entry into the Foundation Medicine LIMS assigning specific computer generated identification numbers to each sample.
- Route samples into the appropriate workflow and ensure downstream staff is alerted to sample availability.
- Maintain, proper documentation including proper specimen handling, labeling and preparation of worksheets.
- Maintain specimen identification and integrity throughout all processes of the department.
- Properly ship samples to pathology departments.
- Ensure full regulatory compliance, providing test results with the best possible quality. Follow all local, business unit and corporate safety policies and assure compliance of the Accessioning Lab.
- Participate in biohazard, chemical, and radiation safety and other continuing education programs. Dispose and label biohazard waste appropriately.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Must begin and complete all assignments with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to collaborate with other departments and colleagues for problem solving.
- This position may require weekend or off-hours shift work
Education or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working in an accessioning department in CLIA laboratory clinical diagnostics setting is an advantage.
- Anatomic Pathology experience preferred.
- Must be meticulous and thorough. Attention to detail is an absolute requirement.
About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine is a molecular information company dedicated to a transformation in cancer care in which treatment is informed by a deep understanding of the genomic changes that contribute to each patient’s unique cancer. The company’s initial clinical product, FoundationOne™, is a fully informative genomic profile to identify a patient’s individual molecular alterations and match them with relevant targeted therapies and clinical trials. Foundation Medicine’s molecular information platform aims to improve day-to-day care for patients by serving the needs of clinicians, academic researchers and drug developers to help advance the science of molecular medicine in cancer.
Note to Employment Agencies
Foundation Medicine values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners and will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by any employee of Foundation Medicine who is not a member of the Human Resources team.