Director, Genzyme Transparency (Sunshine Act)
Genzyme has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research, collaboration with the global patient community, and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve.
Genzyme's portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represent groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine. As a Sanofi company, Genzyme benefits from the reach and resources of one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies, with a shared commitment to improving the lives of patients. Learn more at www.genzyme.com.
Job Title: Director, Genzyme Transparency (Sunshine Act)
Manages and influences a broad range of functions across the enterprise associated with the Transparency project, including State reporting, Federal Reporting, Internal Business Reporting, Data Governance.
This position is responsible for continually evaluating and adjusting processes required to accurately and efficiently report all Transparency related items by working with Finance, Information Systems, Legal, Human Resources, all Marketing and Sales disciplines, R&D, Medical Affairs and Global. Responsible for coordinating efforts across the enterprise to ensure accuracy of all analyses and information reported. Ensures all external & internal reports are established, centralized, defined, monitored and communicated to key stakeholders.
In addition, the Director is responsible for working with the Transparency Steering committee to oversee issue resolution, establish process metrics and set vision for continuous improvement.
- Develop and lead the Genzyme Transparency efforts, providing subject matter expertise in requirements and the execution of accurate data capture for HCP reporting.
- Develop and manage overall Genzyme Transparency data capture strategy aligned with Sanofi guidance and Genzyme business requirements.
- Provid Program Management for all Transparency related initiatives in preparation for 8/1/13 and forward.
- Manage Project Coordinators/Project Managers responsible for implementation of Transparency driven initiatives throughout the business
- Manage a team of analysts to provide both internal and external customer support as well as data management and validation.
- Internal support includes answering 'Tier 1' questions on the systems, process, and regulations supporting Transparency and Compliance related activities.
- External support will include managing all inquiries on reported data from vendors, consultants, etc. This will encompass data quality issues, identifying source for the payment or item of value and providing evidence of the transaction. Liaise with Managers of KOL relationships to understand the nature of the investigation and report results that can be communicated directly to KOLs
- Data monitoring, validation testing
- Identify and implement appropriate tools for tracking and reporting on data investigations. Communicate data to the business, Compliance, and Transparency teams.
- Ensure Transparency requirements are accurately reflected in the end-to-end system and processes across Genzyme.
- Assess the availability of required data points across relevant business and system processes, and identify gaps associated with data capture and reporting requirements. Develop and implement solutions in partnership with the business, IS, and other relevant groups.
- Coordinate and address new system and data requirements that result from business changes to ensure the end-to-end transparency system and processes are in sync to effectively and efficiently process the changes.
- Work closely with the Genzyme Transparency Steering Committee and Compliance personnel to help ensure Genzyme's compliance with Transparency requirements.
- Work cosely with the Sanofi US Transparency team, CIA PMO (and Steering Committee members), and NA Compliance, to ensure systems, templates and policies are clearly defined and accurate to capture HCP spend data and drive system/process improvements
- Partner effectively with the support functions responsible for the applicable technology and data, and for the provision of data and support documentation.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Sunshine Act and global Transparency reporting requirements in order to assess general data quality issues that may impact ability to report information to the state/government agencies
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA required, in accounting, economics, mathematics or business ideal (MBA or Masters in a business discipline preferred)
- 10 years' progressively responsible experience with a minimum of 2 years' experience in a related/transferrable area. At least 2 years' people management experience required.
- Experience in biotech or pharma commercial environment, analytics and reporting and project management required.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE