Marketing Program Manager
September 26, 2013
MolecularMD is a privately owned molecular diagnostics company that provides innovative and reliable molecular diagnostic solutions that improve and advance personalized medicine for cancer patients.
The corporate value proposition offers biopharma companies scientific expertise, proprietary content, agile execution in molecular diagnostic services and products that increase ROI and reduce time-to-market for global precision medicine programs.
The Marketing Program Manager is tasked with transforming broad concepts and business strategies into structured marketing programs that facilitate market awareness, generate demand among prospects, and develop long-term loyalty within the client base. By project managing the design and delivery of programs and campaigns, the Marketing Program Manager will provide solutions to complex, high-impact issues across all Marketing Communication tactics. This involves, working across multiple functions and geographies, and working with cross-functional teams in marketing program identification, development, and execution for the MolecularMD portfolio. The Marketing Program Manager will work with the business development team to understand customer needs, translating these needs into successful marketing programs that drive revenue growth, and add a new dimension to customer’s interactions with MolecularMD. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management of public relations strategy and development/distribution of corporate press releases.
- Support the generation of peer reviewed scientific publications including conference poster presentation.
- Support of B2B social media activities (i.e., LinkedIn etc.)
- Support internal Executive Management with corporate communications such as investor meetings.
- Oversight and management of corporate website maintenance, updates and development
Education and Work Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Life Sciences or Business Administration; Masters life science degree desirable.
- Seven years of relevant work experience with demonstrated results AND
- Minimum five years of experience in planning and implementing marketing programs within the life science or biotechnology industry.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in developing outbound B2B marketing programs to drive demand for new and existing life science products and services
- Well-developed strategic thinking skills, project management skills, experience in managing outsourced creative branding and graphic design contractors, a proven track record of measuring and enhancing program effectiveness, strong initiative, and the ability to work with analytical personality types
- Effective project management and organizational skills including working knowledge of MS Project
- Demonstrated results orientation, including developing fact-driven, business goal-focused plans that align with strategic objectives
- Detailed organizational skills driving completion of deliverables on-budget within timelines established
- Clear and compelling writing skills; strong oral communication skills; strong content presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively cross-functionally and within a global matrix
- Strong problem solving initiative and creativity
- Hands on logistics management in support of conference exhibits and company attendance. This includes exhibit booth logistics, vendor management, onsite labor supervision; budget management and onsite marketing materials support (collateral, media, and promotional items)
- Understanding and basic skillset of current web tools/technologies/applications for hands on creative editing. This includes the Adobe Suite of Creative programs, Joomla Web Platform software and basic HTML
- Intermediate MS Office Suite skillset including Publisher and SharePoint
DESIRED: Pragmatic Marketing® training and/or practice