Space Planning Responsible for execution of programmatic activities: need assessments, evaluation of current inventory for condition and program suitability, space efficiencies. Leads space utilization analysis of office, laboratory and production areas; develops planning recommendations and space guidelines representing Shire buildings, campus and work environment. Develops, manages and ensures implementation of space planning policies and procedures. Leads comprehensive reviews of all requests for space assignment and modification. Serves as a liaison between functions and leadership to define space assignments, coordinate intercampus relocations. Programming and Analysis Develops short, mid, and long-range planning analysis of all (administrative, laboratory, production, amenities, and auxiliary) space needs; evaluates effects of increased requirements and demands on facility resources. Prepares and presents analytical reports on current space utilization status. Analyses ongoing space needs and identifies opportunities for improvement. Provides support for the development of new facility planning scenarios. Supports programming, feasibility analysis, development of alternatives, and planning for projects. Responsible for budget forecasting and management
* 30%: Functional Management – Responsible for performance management and professional development of direct reports; allocates resources, assigns priority to tasks and acts as an advisor to senior management in delivery of value-added services for Shire. Manages budgets and contract resources. Directly mentors and develops staff to ensure the performance of their duties complies with internal and external requirements.
* 30%: Operations – Develops budget, goals and objectives for the department. Ensures budget, resources, and planning are aligned with company objectives. Integrates operational efficiencies and effectiveness by identifying opportunities for advancement and improvement. Develops standards, programs and policies to support ongoing operations.
* 20%: Develops and implements space planning and utilization program for GMP and GLP plants and facilities.
* 20%: Performs short and long term space utilization and facility planning, identifies opportunities, develops and implement improvement strategies and activities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Proven People Manager (8+ years of people management experience) with solid understanding of short and long term professional growth requirements.
* Successfully working in a cross functional/matrix environment and achieving desired results.
* 10+ years experience with advanced knowledge of strategic and routine planning principals preferably within a cGMP Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment. Thorough understanding of customer needs in a maintenance I engineering organization is desirable.
* Bachelor Degree in Design, Architecture, Facilities Management
* 4 – 6 years experience of professional practice in a IWMS/CAFM environment, including experience in the Real Estate and Facilities Management Industry
* Experience with AutoCAD, AutoDesk technologies, IWMS / CAFM systems
* Experience with interaction of key external support organizations i. e. architects, designers, planners, etc. Shire's Brave culture offers employees with diverse backgrounds the opportunity to enable those with life altering conditions to lead better lives
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Shire is committed to a diverse workforce. US Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 484-595-8400.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE