Associate, Marketing Communications
Foundation Medicine is seeking an Associate, Marketing Communications to assist in the delivery of its commercial product strategy for breakthrough cancer molecular diagnostic tests. The Marketing Communications professional will be responsible for the development, execution and management of a variety of marketing programs and initiatives including PR/thought leadership, websites, social media, events and collateral/sales tools. This key position reports to the Manager, Marketing Communications and supports both Foundation Medicine corporate communications and product marketing efforts (FoundationOne™ and follow-on products). In partnership with other members of the marketing team, she/he will assist in the evaluation and relationship management of consultants and vendors and execution of all marketing programs.
- Maintain corporate and product websites including content development and updates with relevant and timely messaging, programs, etc.
- Work with Marketing Communications Manager to develop key content for articles, blogs and social media posts
- Work to create and publish sales tools/collateral including case studies, data sheets and white papers
- Manage literature fulfillment and distribution process for internal and external customers
- Assist with product positioning, message development, and implementation through collateral, website, etc. to support the company and products
- Manage Marketing Communications vendors and Public Relations Firm
- Participate in development of communications plans for all product launches
- Develop deep knowledge of all target audiences and how to communicate with them most effectively
- Work with sales, marketing management, legal, compliance, R&D and Medical to manage detailed and flawless execution of all marketing programs, including tradeshows, Virtual Tumor Boards, speakers programs, email campaigns, etc.
Experience & Qualifications
- 2-3 years of brand, marketing communications & project management experience, preferably in oncology and/or molecular diagnostics or pharmaceuticals; agency experience preferred
- Bachelors in the life sciences or significant experience in life sciences required
- Demonstrated hands-on experience applying social media techniques for outreach and engagement
- Ability to manage multiple vendors and streamline communication across all internal and external stakeholders to drive achievement of key objectives
- Well- organized, analytical, creative, and strategic thinker equally capable of tactical execution and driving results
- Strong attention to detail is essential for success in proofreading and editing
- Excellent communication skills - demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas in verbal and written form.
- Enthusiasm, Passion for the life sciences and bringing innovative technologies to market for the benefit of patients
- Innate sense of curiosity and drive to deliver results
About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine is a molecular information company dedicated to a transformation in cancer care in which treatment is informed by a deep understanding of the genomic changes that contribute to each patient’s unique cancer. The company’s initial clinical product, FoundationOne™, is a fully informative genomic profile to identify a patient’s individual molecular alterations and match them with relevant targeted therapies and clinical trials. Foundation Medicine’s molecular information platform aims to improve day-to-day care for patients by serving the needs of clinicians, academic researchers and drug developers to help advance the science of molecular medicine in cancer.
Note to Employment Agencies
Foundation Medicine values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners and will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by any employee of Foundation Medicine who is not a member of the Human Resources team.