The Jackson Laboratory, a world-renowned nonprofit organization focusing on mammalian genetics research, is looking for a dynamic Project Manager to work directly with our customers and our team. This role is at the intersection of science, business and superior customer experience.
The Reproductive Science Project Manager works with investigators to define the project scope, goals and deliverables.
The position is responsible for preparing quotations, overall project coordination, execution and completion. An in-depth understanding of genetics and mouse biology, a customer-centric focus, excellent communication skills, and proficiency with available project tracking and communication tools are essential to success in this position.
Education Qualifications / Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge of reproductive sciences through bachelor’s degree in biological/life science (or equivalent years of relevant experience). Master’s degree an advantage.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills required. Must be able to establish effective two-way communication with investigators and department heads regarding scientific needs and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service to understand the needs of investigators and provide workable solutions.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail necessary to maintain project records and customer reporting.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with investigators and internal departments to achieve desired business results.
- High level of proficiency with a variety of software tools including MS Office, laboratory information management databases (LIMs) and CRM solutions.
This position offers opportunities for advancement, and fulfilling interactions both with internal and external groups.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume as one document to requisition 3971 at www.jax.org/careers