Scientist: In Vitro Cell-based Drug Screening
Enanta is a research and development-focused biotechnology company that uses its robust chemistry-driven approach and drug discovery capabilities to create small molecule drugs in the infectious disease field. We are seeking a highly motivated and productive scientist with expertise in the field of molecular biology, and/or biochemistry. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting in vitro cell-based drug screening, and writing technical reports in order to support Enanta drug discovery/ development efforts.
The candidate must have a Ph. D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or a closely related field, preferably with oncology/immunology experience. Hands-on experience with molecular biology (including recombinant DNA construction , RNA quantification using RT-PCR, transfection, western blotting techniques, etc) and cell biology (such as maintenance of variety of cell lines). Experience with protein purification, enzymatic characterization and inhibition assays desirable. Excellent written and oral communication skills. He or she should be highly motivated, productive and team oriented with demonstrated ability to work independently and to solve problems as they arise.
- Conduct in vitro cell-based drug screening
- Study the mechanism of action using a variety of cellular or biochemical assays
- Maintain a number of cell lines, quantify RNA using RT-PCR, and conduct protein purification and enzymatic assays
- Optimize and develop cell based and/or biochemical assays
- Conduct quantitative analysis of data and write technical reports
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary teams, and frequently present integrated information to the team
- Prepare and review scientific publications and abstracts, and represent Enanta in scientific conferences
Enanta offers an excellent benefits package including competitive salary, equity compensation, major medical insurance, dental insurance, 401(K) plan participation, and group life and disability insurance.
Please send resume and cover letter to: HR@enanta.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE