Vice President/Senior Director, Medical Affairs
The Medical Affairs function at Infinity will be responsible for providing medical expertise to support Infinity’s clinical development programs by interfacing with internal and external medical experts, internal support functions and professional organizations. The candidate will be responsible for working with the SVP, Clinical Development & Medical Affairs to meet the medical affairs needs of an evolving product pipeline. The candidate must be able to contribute to a strategic vision for the future and deliver on existing time sensitive projects. This is an opportunity to evolve the function and have oversight of a Medical Affairs team that will include Medical Science Liaisons. This role provides a unique opportunity for the right candidate to leverage his/her scientific and medical expertise as he/she grows in organizational leadership responsibilities. The job title will be based on the candidate’s experience. The position reports to the SVP, Clinical Development & Medical Affairs.
- Represents Medical Affairs on Product Development Teams to provide insight on products, patient treatment trends and scientific activities within oncology. Leverage medical and scientific insights to inform and develop strategies.
- Drive the KOL relationship development process. Assists in the selection of outside experts and maintains key relationships; identifies medical meetings relevant to Infinity’s programs and identifies opportunities for Infinity’s participation. Develops and delivers scientific and medical presentations, organizes and leads advisory boards and participates in investigator meetings.
- Serves as an external face of Infinity to support interactions with advocacy organizations and key opinion leaders.
- Creates the patient advocacy strategy for each program and acts as the Infinity representative to patient advocacy groups. Coordinates all patient advocacy activities.
- Participates in the development, execution and management of Investigator Sponsored Trial (IST) strategy for all products.
- Responsible for publication strategy, medical communication and medical information planning and execution. Develops and manages Infinity’s publication plans. Collaborates across the organization to create publication strategies for each clinical program and manages their execution.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with the Clinical Development, Product Development, Regulatory Affairs, Discovery, Commercial Corporate Communications, Legal and Finance departments and sits on Product Development teams.
Experience and skills required:
- M.D. with board certification and/or board eligibility in hematology and/or medical oncology strongly preferred. PhD/PharmD with relevant experience in hematology/oncology may also be considered.
- At least 5 years of industry experience in medical affairs. In depth expertise in at least several of the responsibility areas listed above with a strong desire to acquire experience across all aspects of medical affairs. Preference for candidates who have product launch experience. The role will require travel.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and verbal/written communication skills are essential.
- Understanding of personalized medicine in oncology, health economic outcomes research and strategies to optimize reimbursement potential for oncology drugs.
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.infi.com/careers