Position reports to the Manager of Accounting and Finance and will be responsible for performing general accounting functions, aiding in the preparation of financial statements/reports as well as maintenance of financial records.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
• Prepare cash forecast model on a weekly basis to be distributed to the CFO, Director of Finance and Accounting and Manager of Accounting and Finance. Track all cash transactions, prepare journal entries and perform the bank reconciliation on a monthly basis.
• Communicate with senior management in various departments to obtain appropriate support for monthly accruals. Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for accruals.
• Aid in the preparation of the 10Q and 10K SEC filings, including the financial statements and various footnotes
• Prepare Internal Monthly Operating Report to be distributed to the CFO, Director of Finance and Accounting and Manager of Accounting and Finance
• Assist in maintaining continued compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley for responsible areas and recommend solutions to any deficiencies in the internal control structure at Idenix
• Prepare government census reports
• Interface with external auditors and consultants as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
• Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in accounting; 2-3 years hands on experience, public accounting experience preferred
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Team player that can handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast growing company, work independently with little supervision provided, good time management skills, and a willingness to exert extra effort as required
• Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Experience with the accounting software, SAP, is helpful but not required
Idenix offers an excellent benefits package including competitive salary, equity compensation, major medical insurance, dental insurance, 401(k) plan participation, and group life and disability insurance.
To be considered for this position, please send your resume by email to email@example.com, or by mail to:
320 Bent Street, 4th Floor
Cambridge, MA 02141
Idenix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is engaged in the discovery and development of drugs for the treatment of human viral and other infectious diseases. Building on its expertise in nucleoside chemistry and other small molecule chemistry and biology, the company is well positioned to become a leader in antiviral pharmaceuticals. Idenix’ s current focus is on the treatment of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infections. The company has previously discovered and developed antivirals for the treatment of hepatitis B virus (HBV) and HIV/AIDS.