Associate Employee Relations Director
Employee Relations (ER) is part of the HR Operations organization and is focused on the prevention and resolution of work related issues. The Employee Relations team is responsible for fostering a positive employee relations environment through the use of efficient and effective solutions which ensure quality management of ER issues and minimizes Shire's risk and exposure. The Associate Director, Employee Relations - North America serves as a leader within Shire's HR Services & Systems organization and has accountability for managing all Employee Relations personnel, procedures, and tools.
Responsibilities: 35% Lead and manage ER personnel including both local and virtual employees.
* Accountable for managing lifecycle of all team members
* Own Performance Reviews, Development Plans, and employee relations issues for direct reports. Provide ongoing coaching and feedback.
* Ensure work is performed according to defined processes and within Service Level Agreements, and maintain appropriate back-up resources for organization. 25%
Responsible for ER frameworks, procedures, processes, and solutions:
* Partner with other regional ER leads, legal and compliance to align a global discipline framework which supports local compliance & regulations. This will include policy, PIP process, involuntary termination process, RIFs, and other employee related processes.
* Work closely with Legal and Compliance to ensure a consistent and efficient approach to conducting investigations. Promote global alignment of approach which is flexible to support local compliance & regulations.
* Align processes, roles & responsibilities, and technology solutions globally to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of escalated performance management support, coaching to managers with the intended goal to grow manager's expertise in this area, and supporting mediation of performance and employee/manager issues.
* Analyze existing and planned corporate employee policies, practices and initiatives to assess effect on employees and to promote internal and external equity. Recommend policy and practice changes based on internal trends and competitive benchmarking.
* Build strong partnerships with HRBPs, Legal, Health & Safety, Security, working relationships with external attorneys, and other partners in support of ER function and activities.
* Promote development and delivery of education/training to managers and leaders on avoidance of ER issues and legislative topics.
* Assure consistency/compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
* Own contracts, relationships, and services provided by outplacement vendor(s) and other vendors supporting function
* Develop and implement an analytics portfolio demonstrating team value and results. Report and review ER activities to ensure quality of services, achievement of service level
agreements and identification of improvement opportunities. 25% SME in the area of Employee Relations. Lead/manage ER issues:
* Consult with HR Leaders regarding high exposure employee relations issues and/or oversee/conduct HR investigations.
* Gather information, conduct interviews and investigations, prepare documentation
* Provide advice and coaching to managers, participate in progressive discipline meetings to ensure clarity of message delivered to employee, and keep HRBPs informed of status
* Interpret findings, recommend strategies to resolve issues, keep managers and partners informed of progress, and track commitments and progress * Partner with legal, compliance and others as needed to minimize Shire risk 15% Project Manager responsibilities in support of Employee Relations and HR Services & Systems Org. projects, both technology and service delivery oriented, including:
* Identifying and managing global cross-functional p
roject team to ensure deliverables are met
* Mentor/coach project team members to ensure tasks are performed accurately and on time
* Pro-actively manage escalations and project risks
* Ensure project is delivery on time and within budget. Education and Experience Requirements:
* 7-10 years HR experience preferred (Generalist or Functional related) with at least 4-7 years in an Employee Relations role preferred
* College degree required; Master degree preferred
* People management preferred
* Strong knowledge and understanding of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
* Demonstrated experience dealing with U.S. State and Federal Employment Agencies Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
* Professional and confident in working with individuals at all levels of the organization and external vendors/customers.
* Demonstrated ability to lead change
* High integrity and confidentiali
ty with sensitive information
* Demonstrated an ability to build and maintain relationships
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills required
* Strong customer focus
* Exceptional communication skills required
* Strong analytic and problem-solving skills required
* Demonstrated flexibility, teamwork and customer service
* Demonstrated ability to motivate others
* Managing and measuring activity volume, quality, efficiency and effectiveness
* Monitor and deliver on multiple initiatives/projects
* Ability to use a high level of independent judgment and confidentiality. Shire's Brave culture offers employees with diverse backgrounds the opportunity to enable those with life altering conditions to lead better lives
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Shire is committed to a diverse workforce. US Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 484-595-8400.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE